Print Stopped Unable to Complete Print - Unusually Loud Motor Ramp-up before Print

Came to report the exact same problem as reported in this thread. Print Stopped Unable to Complete Print - Unusually Load Motor Ramp-up before Print I send the job, press the blinking start button, fan ramps to what sounds to be much faster than normal, then the shuts down with the error noted above. I’ve already follow up on the suggestions in the above thread. I checked the fan, it is not obstructed and generates plenty of outward airflow on the exhaust port. Attempted to print “Gift of Good Measure”, experienced the exact same problem.

I’m wondering if it is a bug in the updated fan sensing and extreme temp sensing the rolled out today.

I haven’t heard anything back; however the problem seemed to resolve. I know in the thread I mentioned above they said they’d be contacting the user on the same issue. My guess is it was part of the update and was fixed overnight since people also reported the fan ramping up to higher speed in this thread as well. New Fan Sensor Update If support has any insight, it would be greatly appreciated.

Well that was wishful thinking. A successful print job and then back to the same issue. I did notice that as the job failed, the start button blinked yellow for a second. My other guesses are that it is possibly a heat issue, did the new update possibly impact the previous update that allowed for higher temp operations?..

Cleaned lately? Perhaps the ribbon cable connected to the head isn’t making good contact?

What’s the measured temp at the Glowforge?

@jbmanning5 Thanks for the suggestions.

Yep, cleaned this weekend. Problem occurred consistently last night. Then I did a short print first thing this morning with no issue. Came home from work, did a print with no issues. Then back to the same problem again.

I’ll double check the cables, but that would seem less likely for an on again off again problem.

Does the Glowforge have a temp sensor that provides a user reading?

I’m so sorry for the trouble, and I’m sorry for the unhelpful error message.

I extracted the logs to investigate, ad the logs indicate you were slightly over temperature. It looks like the temperature came back down and you were able to print.

Your Glowforge features a closed-loop liquid cooling system that uses the air from the room to remove heat. It is designed to be used when the temperature next to your Glowforge is between 60 degrees Fahrenheit (16 Celsius) and 75 degrees Fahrenheit (24 Celsius). To check, put a room thermometer next to the right hand side of the Glowforge; it draws in air from underneath, on the right.

We’re investigating why the error wasn’t more helpful.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks! I have a feeling I’ll be getting up early to print in the morning rather than after work. Is there anywhere in the settings that shows what the current temp is at the unit. That and maybe a counter of print hours would both be useful!

1 Like

Those are great ideas for features - thanks for the suggestions! We haven’t announced anything like that yet, but I’m going to send it to our product team with a note that it came from a customer request.