Print stopped

The glowforge stopped during a print with the error "unable to complete print. The light is orange maybe yellow and will not go get of off focusing. March 14th 12:50 PM eastern time.

That light indicates an error…sometimes there’s more useful info in the GFUI, but if “unable to complete print” is all you got I think you have to wait for Support. They’ll get here soon!

1 Like

Thanks for the encouragement.

I’m so sorry you ran into trouble. I extracted the logs from your Glowforge to investigate your report, and it looks like your printer head may be loose or otherwise disconnected. Could I please have you do the following for me?

1. Turn off your Glowforge.
  2. Holding only the finished black surfaces, grasp the printer head as shown. Pull gently up and back to disengage the magnets and remove the head.
  3. There is a small tab in the center of the wire ribbon. Push down fully on the tab to release it, and gently pull the wire ribbon plug from the printer head.
  4. Take a clear photo of the gold pins inside the printer head where you just unplugged the wire ribbon. It should look like this.
  5. Pick up the printer head and wire ribbon. Make sure the tab on the wire ribbon is facing up. Slide the ribbon back into the head until it clicks.
  6. As shown, lower the printer head over the metal plate so that it rests next to the two round posts. Then push it gently away from you – you’ll feel a “click” as magnets pull the printer head until it sits snugly atop the metal plate.
  7. Turn your Glowforge back on.
  8. If you’re still having trouble printing after following these steps, please reply with the photo of the gold pins from step 4.

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Thank you for your quick response. I have done as suggested and restarted the machine and it seems to be operating properly. I will run a project when I get back home from an appointment.
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

1 Like

That’s great to hear - thanks for following up. I’ll keep this thread open until you have a chance to run that project and make sure everything is good to go. Just let me know!

It sure is nice to see these problems solved. Both the support at GF and the forum members are fantastic.

Yes everything is back to normal, also because I had not moved the material in the bed I was able to just run the project again with no waste of material. Thank you again for the quick response.

2 Likes

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!