Pro Email Received

That is awesome! Way to go!

Or not as it’s really no one’s business.

6 Likes

Thank you. Yes I did. It’s a short process, but it’s a process so excepting any changes they make to the forms I’m sure it’s the same for everyone. And by forms I mean web pages.

4 Likes

Exactly what is the difference between people posting it publicly on the forum and people adding that information to the spreadsheet?

Would you prefer that nobody post any information anywhere?

1 Like

If there’s no difference, why ask for it in a coalated format after already posted publicly?

1 Like

there seems to be an excessive amount of hand wringing over who’s getting what when and why x before y. So I really understand anyone wanting to not feed the hysteria and conspiracy theorists. I also understand I always like more information so I feel it both ways.

5 Likes

You’re the one stating this information is nobody’s business.

Just wondering why you think it’s OK to put your information on a public forum, but not on a public spreadsheet.

1 Like

If you don’t see the difference between volunteering an “I got ‘X’!” on the company’s forums and being solicited to fill out an individual’s personal spreadsheet tracker, I doubt I’d be able to adequately explain it. Not because of anything to mock but a simple fundamental difference in approach.

4 Likes

FWIW, one big difference that stands out for me is the fact that a forum post simply shares the info that “I got the email!”. The spreadsheet asks for more detailed information such as date of purchase and where you live. Everyone’s gonna have a different comfort level with those details.

2 Likes

It was a request not a demand or even an attempt to pressure anyone.
To each his own.
I wish that we could hurry up and all get our :glowforge: then maybe the greifers on this forum would not need to be so snotty.

6 Likes

I certainly understand the difference. I was merely addressing the “its nobody’s business” comment, as they are both public.

I do get why people don’t care for the spreadsheet.

True. However, any field on the sheet is certainly optional, and many people have either left off information they are not comfortable with giving or generalized it. And, again, the whole thing is voluntary.

It’s more or less a convenient way for people who do not spend all their time lurking on the forums (or other social media) to get a quick peek at where the shipping is.

Sure, some people will use it as support to complain, but those people are going to complain anyway. Some people will also use it to support GF, and those people would support GF anyway, as well.

Needless to say, if GF was more forthcoming about where they are in the shipping process, their customers wouldn’t feel any need for a third-party spreadsheet…

1 Like

People on the internet be checking your pictures for geotags etc. Cant be too careful

3 Likes

Are you saying it’s not safe for me to ask on the forums here if I can’t be home on glowforge arrival day for volunteers to come forge sit till I can make it?

4 Likes

that’s not something anyone else can answer, but i’ll point out that these are public forums indexed by google, so easily viewed by anyone (including the spreadsheet). i’m sure you’re fine, but these are details you should consider.

2 Likes

I can almost smell my email! It must be close!

4 Likes

I think mine is running away from me.

2 Likes