Pro Passthrough Release

I changed the cross lines to rectangles of 0.01" x the needed length and gave them a fill but no stroke. I changed the kite outline and the two holes to a stroke without a fill and then uploaded it. This is what I got with the passthrough enabled.

But since you could score, you can get the same effect that way as you saw. If you really wanted to engrave, you need to have filled shapes even if the shape is infinitesimally small like the ones in the picture (.01" wide).

You rock sir! Thank you so much for your help today!

1 Like

I signed up but never heard anything back. Is there a reason for that? Are some people not approved?

How long would it take for pictures to happen? It has been about 11-12 minutes and seems stuck on this step.

Ive never had it take longer than about 5 mins

1 Like

:cry: Two times in a row this morning. :cry: Wasted at least $12-13 in materials.

At what point is it hanging? After the first cut, or after the first time you move it?

After I cut it. Sorry for the delay. After me and my machine got in the argument earlier I had to step away. hahaha

Yes, I’ve been there!

Are you starting with your material against the left edge and the front pass-through door?

That’s how I place my material, and I’ve never had a problem.

Yes I did… twice. I am trying again after giving it a time out. I am thinking of always doing a test cut on the pass through to make sure it isn’t being moody but wish I didn’t have to. That was sa bummer to waste so much material.

Shoot. Hopefully someone else will have a better suggestion.
re material waste, I always test on a piece of cardboard that is large enough to recreate the cut I’m planning to do. Good luck!

i am not convinced the cardboard first route is of any help.

This thing is inconsistent enough for me that it literally can fail then pass on auto align ( or in the one case I tried it, pass then fail) with no changes between tries.

Also, this depends on recognizing prior cuts, and the cuts may not appear to same between cardboard and the target material.

These both suggest what works on cardboard may not work on target material , Thus, I think it may waste of time and not a means to success.

I agree with that. Performance on one print doesn’t guarantee success on the next.

I would only say to everyone that if you’re signed up for the beta, then documenting here was the expectation - time of print, details of the issue, photos where possible. They know things aren’t working perfectly, but can’t fix the issues if they don’t have details on where things went wrong.

1 Like

Well this is crap… I literally just received my Glowforge Pro yesterday and was looking for directions on how to cut all my 12x12 designs and could not find the switch on menu that indicate allowing pass through cuts. So this is why, it’s something I have to apply for. I bought a pro for this function and I can’t even use it…

Go ahead and sign up for it anyway…they might expand the Beta later. (They’ve done that in the past.)

1 Like

You don’t need to be signed up for this to use the passthrough. You just need to align the print as you slide it through. There are several tutorials on how to do that, it’s how Pro owners have been printing using the passthrough successfully for over two years.

This beta is just a feature that aligns each step for you, simplifying the process.

I have no problem aligning the prints myself.
I have problem with the tutorial indicating there is a pass through capability switch but I don’t see it in my user interface at all. Also, I rather upload the entire 12x12 graphic at once rather than manually split it into 2 parts in illustrator.

You do not need the switch to use passthrough. It will only appear if you are accepted to the beta, and that tutorial is only for people who are part of the beta test (and Dan shared it to show what is involved). It is what enables the automatic alignment.

The tutorials I referred to are in the Tips and Tricks section, there are many, covering different popular design apps.

I think that may be the case. I didn’t hear back either. :slight_smile: I think it may partially based on the machine itself … when it was manufactured and the capabilities.

I sure wish I had access to the Beta Version. I filled out the form and never heard back. I have a pro I received last Fall. I would hope that would work with this. Guess I’ll have to wait to finish my mirror project until I get a chance to use this feature. :frowning: