Progress on the resin tree

I’ve been loving the results!

2 Likes

Awesome work. Beautiful result. :smile:

1 Like

Inspiring!

1 Like

The wood was warped enough that the extra clear layer was needed to seal the regions to prevent color leak.

3 Likes

That was going to be my question sort of… did you pour a clear layer first and then drip in food coloring or did you individually blend a bunch of food coloring with resin and then pour in the colored resin. I’ve worked with epoxy resin to refinish bars, bathroom sinks, etc, but I’ve always painted the base before pouring clear epoxy. I’ve never seen anyone color epoxy resin during the mix process.

1 Like

I had been thinking about doing a couple of clear layers with acrylic painting between each layer (strokes, not fills) but changed my mind when I wanted it to look “sunset” instead. I mixed each color in the resin, which is what jewelry and resin-painting artists do. From what I understand :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is a beautiful piece! What a great idea. I simply love all the colors!

1 Like

:+1:
OK. So next a Tiffany Lamp ?
:upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Probably a fairy, because of the social circle I move in :smiley:

3 Likes

Beautiful.

1 Like

That is gorgeous!!

2 Likes

Thats amazing. I love it

1 Like

Not only is this just stunning, which it very much is. Thanks for sharing the journey as well!

1 Like

This is amazing!

1 Like

What a beautiful piece of art work, THANK YOU for all the info as well!

1 Like

Wow!! Truly an incredible piece of art.

1 Like

That’s incredible looking.
I’ve been thinking about doing something like this for jewelry, and book covers, just haven’t had time to experiment.
After seeing this post and how well the results are, i’m excited to try it.

Thank you for sharing.

Did you get your project backlit? The project turned out beautiful, been watching for an update (or did I miss it?) to see it lit up.

1 Like

I didn’t - we sold our house and moved and I’m finally getting back to creating. I’ve got my back-lighting figured out and will be creating a new item this week with a similar process, so keep an eye out! :smiley:

2 Likes