Proof grade maple plywood not cutting!

404 for me too.

Updated the link. Might work now.

2 Likes

:+1:

Oh no! I’m so sorry your print didn’t cut all the way through.

One of the most common reasons prints don’t cut through is warped material. I think that’s what’s happened here.

When natural products like hardwoods and plywoods are exposed to temperature and humidity changes, they change shape. This is known as “warp.” It is especially common after shipping or during the Glowforge printing process. In both cases, the warp will diminish with time. However, improper storage can cause permanent warping. Your Glowforge can print beautifully on materials with some warp, but here are some tips to reduce it.

Give your materials time to flatten

• Humidity and heat from shipping and printing may cause your materials to temporarily warp. If this occurs, unwrap them and store them, per the instructions below. They will relax, and their warp will lessen over the course of about a week.

Store your material carefully​

• Upon arrival, immediately store your materials in a cool, shaded, dry place
  • Stack materials on a clean surface. Stacking warped material on top of other warped material can make the problem worse.
  • To prevent discoloration or damage, keep them out of direct sunlight
  • If your materials need to be stored in a humid area, wrap them with plastic wrap or shrink wrap to keep moisture out

Set heavy objects on top of your material

• To ensure your materials stay flat, stack heavy objects on top of your materials
  • Distribute weight evenly on top of the material. If possible, use a flat object like a textbook.

If your material is so warped that it cannot print successfully and these suggestions don’t help, please post here and let us know.

I switched to manual cut and dropped the height to .120
It seemed to work - what are your thoughts on that?

I really wasted that whole sheet of maple that I bought using the proof grade settings.

I’m sorry we didn’t get back to you sooner. Thanks for letting us know what you tried. We’ll keep monitoring the settings to help make sure that you get good prints.