So I was running a test-run on some Medium PG Draftboard, and definitely had some issues, and not all of them user-related ;).
With the exception of one score operation, and one engrave operation, this job was primarily all cuts. The job was set out so that the draft score (just a marker for alignment) was done first and then a manual engrave was next, and then the cuts. All cuts were ordered so that those within another cut were done first.
As shown in the first red circle; the piece with the living hinge. Approximately 1/5 of the cuts for the hinge actually cut through. The rest didn’t. Some scratched the surface much less than a score would have. What is weirder about it was that the outer shape cut through perfectly. Exact same default settings.
The second round circle indicates another inner cut (inside a score, which is inside another cut). This also had a lot of sections that failed to cut through. It was mostly cut, and I was able to release the shapes by essentially hammering them out with a hammer/weeding tool to break what was still attached off. Once again, the outside cut worked without issue. Exact same default settings.
The cyan circles indicate pieces that did not cut through at all. Some parts didn’t even make it through the masking. The funny part is that I even ran a second pass over these sections, and there was barely a change.
In the upper cyan circle, what’s weird about this one is that the interior cuts worked fine, but the outer cuts did not.
I guess I will take some other peoples advice that I’ve seen here and and up the power 10-15 pews, it just seems to defeat the reason we buy Proofgrade, even if it is only the draftboard.
And yes, board was flat, and there was nothing on the bed. I had tested it beforehand with magnets and checked to see if any sections flexed when I put them on. I simply removed them pre-cut because there was no area the laser-head wasn’t going to be near.