Proofgrade Draftboard not cutting through

Hi Newbie here. I’ve scoured the forums and can’t figure out why my draftboard (which used to cut like butter) no longer cuts all the way through. Half the name cuts and half gets stuck. Why is this happening on PG material? Please help!

1 Like

Clean your optics. Draftboard fouls them very quickly.

1 Like

Also next time - hold your material down, and don’t pull your piece out of the laser until you’ve verified it cut through - use tweezers or a piece of tape to pull out the cut part - if it sticks, close the lid and run the cut again (don’t move anything).

Save yourself both frustration and material by getting used to doing that every time.

2 Likes

Hi @mariahasan. Welcome to the community, and I’m sorry to see that you’ve run into some issues with recent prints not completely cutting through the material. I’ll be happy to help you get this sorted out so you can get back up and printing without trouble.

I saw you received some great tips from @geek2nurse and @deirdrebeth, and it can help to confirm that the following has been checked as well:

Once all these things have been checked, please perform the following test print.

• Print the Gift of Good Measure on Proofgrade material, using Proofgrade settings.

• When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture updates.

Check the completed print:

• If the Gift of Good Measure fails to cut through, take a photo of the front and back of the print and attach these photos to your reply.

Let me know if you run into any trouble with the steps above and I’ll look forward to your response. Thank you!

Hello @mariahasan, its been a few days since we heard from you, so I wanted to check in. Are you still having trouble with your Glowforge not cutting through? If so, could you please follow the steps my colleague Brandon posted and let us know how it goes?

If the problem seems to be resolved, please let us know and we will close this thread. Thank you!

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.