Proofgrade materials

What kills me isnt even customer questions. It’s questions from Production/Manufacturing before the product even goes out the door, of how to assemble a particular item, an item which they have been making for 8 years already… likely because they just dont feel like reading a ten page construction drawing set.

12 Likes

your mirror universe pinball machine looks glorious!

2 Likes

This CEO is so full of himself he spends his time posting quotes of himself in reply to his own previous posts! Outrage!
mouthfoam
Rabble Rabble Rabble!!!

:yum:

The need for a tongue deeply in cheek emoji is really becoming a necessity in the forums… :wink:

3 Likes

Hoping the emoji from the iOS keyboard translated.

1 Like

Thanks it was / is a labor of love.
I’m itching to start another project… but I kinda need to stop design products for Pinball-Mods.com before I can do that.

2 Likes

Well one of the things that pops into my mind is in the video advertising the glowforge it shows a macbook put into it and being detected. With something like electronics, macbooks, phones, etc. Will it not detect them, and I flash back to another post about Glowforge not supplying settings for different materials and forsee me being even more suspect to put any functioning electronic device in the glowforge.

In may have missed it, but I don’t think the auto detection for things like MacBooks and iPhones had necessarily been scrapped. Just FYI, you can buy hollow cases for both to practice on. There were some posts a while back talking about that. I’m on my phone or ai would try to find them for you.

3 Likes

Thanks, but essentially that is what I am asking, albeit clumsily. Has that auto detection been scrapped? I think it as for non-proofgrade material that doesn’t have a barcode on it, or the detection of the proofgrade (I know it won’t require the barcode anymore). So what does that include? What does that elminate, such as the Macbook, etc? They have stated they won’t be providing settings, and yes I know I can get cases or dead phones to practice on, but will I need to?

I think that’s its own question and you should ask it in its own thread. I bet others will want to know the answer as well and it may just get buried and lost here in this thread.

3 Likes

Prolly right…

2 Likes

:confused::expressionless: :persevere: This is all too familiar to me.

“My welder doesn’t work” did you turn it on?
“where is the switch?”
:worried: On the front where it says ON/OFF
“This one?”
The only one…

Some times I think they used to call Maintenance because they wanted to take a break.

8 Likes

Had a friend who was a support tech, where I learned the terms PEBKAC and ID10T problems.

Leno would walk the streets asking questions like ‘How’ many moons does planet Earth have? “Um, three?” And what holiday is June 14th? “July 4th?”

Pumping gas and I notice the older lady at the next pump with the nozzle that has the bright yellow bag over it “out of service” stuck in the tank, pushing bittons and isn’t sure why the pump won’t work… I glance at a guy on the next island and we meet eyes, we both just shake our head.
I came to understand why brilliant people often take a gun to themselves.

7 Likes

and the less brilliant continue to procreate and expand their gene-pool.:smirk:

4 Likes

5 Likes