Prototype Preview - Battery Dispenser (Proofgrade)

No, and I sure hope they consider adding some down the road. :smile:

I was less than impressed with the bits I got from Instructables.

1 Like

I thought they had said that was one of the pg that was going to be offered…oh well…we will see. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like your idea about the oldest batteries coming out first. I hadn’t thought of that, and it is always a problem for me, especially with rechargeable batteries. :relaxed:

3 Likes

Ha! I have several of these 3D printed and love them. So much so that a year plus ago I designed my own version for laser cutting in preparation for the arrival of the Glowforge. I have to say, your design is quite a bit more attractive than the utilitarian version I developed.

Thanks for posting. I am now inspired to revisit my design!

3 Likes

How about a curved (almost cylindrical) shape using living hinge (with the same ramp inside). but lightly engraving it to look like a giant battery ? which brings up a question… can you engrave a living hinge? (Compensating for the hinges "stretch/expansion)? :thinking: hmmm…

3 Likes

This is beautiful! Wow. Love it Jules! If this makes it into the catalog somehow I’d totally buy the print!

3 Likes

Oh cool! Was wondering whether to offer it. (Still deciding…and that kind of input helps.) :smiley:

3 Likes

Absolutely! I love the look and functionality of it. I have a bag of batteries I need to sort, so this would be awesome to help keep track!

1 Like

I’d need to see the other catalog items that Glowforge is going to offer…I hate to work up something that they already have covered in-house. (Battery dispenser boxes are a pretty popular item - they probably already have one worked up.) :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Definately!!

1 Like

Add me to the list! I need them in 4 sizes (AAA, AA, C and D). Would be WAY cool to be able to have 1 design and choose parameters for each battery size.

6 Likes

And once we get proofgrade steel, I totally want to put in “car battery” to the parameter… (that’s my excuse to the wife of why I need a Wazer)

8 Likes

Chuckle! C and D batteries are too large for the rolling treatment. They require a different design. (Pull out drawer was what I did before.)

AA and AAA would be worked up like this though - but the design is specific to each battery size, since the spacing requirements on the fins and slot sizes change for each kind of battery.

That would be a trick to make totally parametric though…I might try it out just for grins.:slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Merge the coin sorter construction with the battery holder and get a battery sorting holder ! hmmm Drop it down through layers with concentric sized holes… smaller battery makes it to bottom… after you drop a battery, push a lever causing the battery to (be pushed?) fall sideways in whatever level it is on and roll to the appropriate “bin”… well it’s a start ? :writing_hand:

5 Likes

Dangit. Used up my likes today. Here, have these, they’re prettier anyway.
:ok_hand: :cat2::bouquet::revolving_hearts::two_hearts::heart_decoration:

4 Likes

Maybe slap some bacon grease in it. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

A big olé D-cell rolling out at you could do some damage, to your toes. :grin:

7 Likes

Not compared the the one I want to build. An Interstate 600CCA rolling out would be a dive-for-cover situation… :grimacing:

6 Likes

I’m going to have to figure out how to incorporate the charger at the bottom…

4 Likes

we go through a ton of batteries at the church I preach for (microphones, etc). Now I neeeeed one of these :wink:

4 Likes