Protractor

I’m reliving 4th grade by doing Gkid’s schoolwork with her every day. This week we’re learning about angles, and we needed a protractor. Well, when you’re an awesome grandma like me, you don’t cut a protractor out of paper to practice with; nope, you grab your grandkid’s favorite color acrylic and make one!

The design is a free download from inchcalculator.com. I just modified it a bit to make it laser-friendly.

Engrave blue, score black, cut red. Enjoy!

protractor.pdf (395.0 KB)

58 Likes

That is such a practical cut! I think back to my early days of gingerbread, needing a protractor and compass desperately (my own kiddo wasn’t old enough to have one in the school supplies at the time). I had to go to three different stores to find a basic kit, and even then the compass wasn’t big enough for what I wanted. So these days, I have lots of those laying around (rulers too). But wonderful to know I could just quickly make one if I needed one.

5 Likes

That is amazing! Thanks for sharing! I could see using this for my own kids. I am saving this.

4 Likes

Great practical cut!
And… Just got notified that the shop send me orange acrylic instead of lavender by accident, and was thinking what does that even look like? And there you are, now I know!

4 Likes

nice thanks !

2 Likes

Oh, but that’s not PG. The PG orange is opaque. Sorry! :frowning:

2 Likes

This is PG orange.

5 Likes

I got that same notification! So disappointed, was going to make a bunch of lavender ear savers for my Occupational Therapist friend who loves lavender to give out…
Wonder what was going on at the Glowforge warehouse that day??? Too much hand sanitizer in the air, maybe…

2 Likes

perhaps I can overcome my mother’s edict that no one over 19 years of age should wear animal prints and make some tiger stripe ear savers… thanks for showing what the orange proofgrade will look like…

4 Likes

Hey weren’t you just Awsome Grandma? give others a chance! Now do one graduated in radians :smiley:

4 Likes

Well, I like that less than the translucent stuff you used, but no matter…

2 Likes

Same notion here… would have made a nice pile of ear savers for my local medical community.

2 Likes

The translucent is from BF Plastics. They have the whole rainbow except for purple. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

To tell you the honest truth… orange is my least favorite color. That and brown. My sister’s favorite colors are: brown and orange. Her least favorite color is… you guessed it, my favorite color: blue. We meet somewhere in the middle by both liking red and its variant eggplant. :smiley:
That orange acrylic arriving on my doorstep today may end up getting turned into earsavers for the local Home Depot…

3 Likes

I love practical cuts. I was looking for a French Curve and Copenhagen Curve the other day to cut. This will be handy! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You 'n me both! The only thing that I like orange on/in is food. Actually, black is my most favorite…followed by the reds and purples.

4 Likes

Judging by my closet (which basically looks like a giant bruise rendered in fabric), I mostly like black, followed by purples, blues, and burgundy. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I never think to make things like this with the GF - well done! Lods of customization options for kiddos as well.

1 Like

you are a lifesaver!! my son just came to me saying he needed a protractor and thank you so much for this!!

1 Like

Lifesaver!

1 Like