Public service announcement: Glowforge in hazard zone?

Nah. With a laser you can roast one side of the bean dark and the other side light. Imagine the custom blends you could achieve.

6 Likes

Hobby coffee roaster here too. Started out back in the day with various cheap methods. Heat gun / dog bowl and air popper. Roasting in a Behmor these days and really like it. So much fun experimenting with beans from all over the world!

2 Likes

I started with a popcorn popper and switched to a FreshRoast 500. Been thinking of moving to the Behmor. Just havenā€™t convinced myself itā€™s necessary or advantageous yet.

1 Like

I tried using an air popper with varying degrees of success.

A Behmor? I just looked it up, looks pretty awesome! Thanks!! A Behmor coffee roaster is now on my wish list.

:coffee:

5 Likes

I picked up an Aeropress when I was living off-grid, and it has fast become my favorite method to make coffee.
On that subject:

3 Likes

Iā€™m Canadian, so medium double double is as fancy as I get :stuck_out_tongue:

I use to go to Green Beanery in Toronto a lot. Made a great London Fog, as well as the rest of the stuff you would want. And youā€™ll see by the link sold a lot of green coffee beans. Not sure if they ship international. Also they have every type of coffee roaster and maker you can imagine.

2 Likes

If you ever visit us at the office, you have your choice of an Aeropress or the Breaking Bad Percolator.

7 Likes

Found this:

at a thrift store for under 10 bucks. (Coffee Siphon) Ended up selling it on Ebay, but I really wanted to use it. My brother (and owner of Kraken Congee) ended up having one. Theyā€™re a great showpiece. The coffee is fine, but the show is better.

6 Likes

Iā€™ve wanted to do that. Just havenā€™t had the time yet. I imagine the smell of roasting coffee is awesome.

A 6.8 earthquake shook Olympia, Wash in 2001. Shop owner Jason Ward discovered that a sand-tracing pendulum had recorded these vibrations.

26 Likes

How cool!!
Seismic art, an earthquake rose :sunglasses:

6 Likes

You should try Camano Island Coffee. They deliver to your door within days of roasting. It too is a Washington coffee, but much better than the other brands! I got a free pound of coffee as a gift for my husband and he gave up all other coffee. His favorite is the Papua New Guinea variety. Give it a try and use this referral code (http://j.mp/2fQ7rq) and we both win - free coffee!

1 Like

Hello @firstmentor,

I tried the link, but it sends me to a error page. Can you send the link again? Iā€™ll try it (and use your code)!!

I checked out the website, looks intriguingā€¦

Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

So sorry for the long delay! I have been busy with my robotics teams. Try this link: http://j.mp/2jqjFXP. It will ask for my name ā€œHeidi Lovettā€.

I hope you will enjoy the delicious coffee.

2 Likes