Pumpkins 🎃

we had two extra pumpkins, so I figured I would give em a try.

Slice and burn

Worked good, try the second

Chop, saw, and burn

Success!

LED ‘candle’ is a bit dim.

61 Likes

win

13 Likes

How’d you get @PrintToLaser to model for it? :wink:

10 Likes

My exact thoughts! Haha

Those really came out great, I especially like the machete :+1:t3:

3 Likes

Awesome ! How odoriferous was the job? :jack_o_lantern:

4 Likes

How sinister! Great work.

3 Likes

Ok I must have missed how you got a pumpkin in the glowforge. mine won’t fit in the passthrough.

4 Likes

These look great. It amazes me what people will try to laser.

2 Likes

Awesome! Looks good for such a curved surface, how did you set the focus for those?

4 Likes

I must be missing something here. The “before” picture has a seeded hole and the “after” picture is a continuous surface. Are you putting something over the face of the cut pumpkin?

1 Like

He sliced off a section of pumpkin to engrave, and then stuck it back on. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@Jules I took the photo of @PrintToLaser when we were staying at the Overlook one winter…

@PlGHEADED I couldn’t smell anything during the job, it had a mild burnt pumpkin smell once I transferred it to my workbench.

@PrintToLaser the first pass on the skull I had set to the very top surface of the pumpkin slice, and much of the design was out of focus burning wide and fuzzy. There was lots of soot. The second pass I dropped the depth down an eighth of an inch, and that seemed to work out, and it also removed a whole lot of the soot from the first pass. The second pumpkin I just went ahead and did both passes at an eighth below the top surface.

@markwkruse I didn’t take pictures of scooping out the pumpkin guts, cause my hands were covered in the stuff. The first Here’s Johnny photo is of the slab that I sliced off, laying the bed of the GF on some cardboard. That gets stuck back onto the rest of the pumpkin with the seeded hole using toothpicks (once the seeds are removed). An additional hole was later cut in back to insert the lights.

7 Likes

OOOOO fun!! settings please!!!

1 Like

sorry, no specifics as I don’t want this moved to BTM, but pretty much… fast and hot.
Darn similar to the settings I use for BB ply, actually.
The Here’s Johnny was a raster and used the vary power dither method.

2 Likes

Ok, Thanks. I bet your house smelled like pumpkin pie.

1 Like

that would have been neat, but no, not even close to that much aroma. I expected much worse.

1 Like

These are fantastic!

1 Like

Add cinnamon next time.

1 Like

Wow … Love the skull!

1 Like