Punisher Paddle

My parents threatened me with sending me to the Catholic school (it ended in our town at the 6th or 7th grade) and after that military school to try and keep me in line. They rewarded me when I questioned authority, just not theirs or when it made problems for them. A fine line for a kid to walk.

I know someone who returned all of her daughter’s Christmas presents one year and gave her some coal.

3 Likes

Chuckle! You guys are not bringing back happy memories here. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

On the other hand, the discipline I was introduced to early in life did me a great deal of good later on, so I’m not complaining. They loved me enough to correct me. (And since I was generally a step or two away from total disaster, they might have had to correct me with some regularity.) :roll_eyes:

The spankings were nothing. Having them tell you they were disappointed in you hurt much worse.

4 Likes

That does bring one.

We were drinking beer in the back one night and a coworker of mine who was there commented on ‘the look’ and there was some general nodding of the heads.
Asked him what he was talking about and he said whenever I found him out when he was screwing up, I would not say anything, just give him ‘the look’.
Said it made him feel like he was 5 years old again and being scolded and frowned at by his father.
I denied I had a ‘look’, then from out of the shadows came the voice of my youngest.
“Yeah Dad, you got a look”.

Rest of the night was fun, and nobody got ‘the look’…

4 Likes

:rofl: I can relate. You did not want to hear my dad call you “sport”, you knew you had stepped in it.

Yeah, both my wife & I have the look according to the kids. I know she does as I’ve been the recipient, I didn’t think I did :slightly_smiling_face: For some reason the kids were way more worried about getting in trouble with me than their mom. Maybe because they were more often dealing with her than me so it was resolved before I got home and if not it was really serious.

1 Like