Pushed Back a Month From March to April

Anyone else in the International community (or otherwise) have their estimated delivery date pushed back a month? Mine went from Mid March 1028 to Mid April 2018. Ouch. Will there be a monthly update soon? Just hoping for a little International clarity.

2 Likes

Several people mentioned the same at the end of this thread:

One person from Germany mentioned that their date moved forward one month though. So perhaps the country approval order changed for some reason.

I’m not sure we’ll see any international clarity until they actually start shipping or get cancelled like the list of countries previously announced. Dan has repeatedly resisted answering any questions about international shipping and the air filters including when shipping will start:

2 Likes

Hmm…Odd. I didn’t see that post. Must have been sleeping. I thought I have seen all the posts.
I would have guessed The Netherlands would be as fast or similar to Germany, but all EU boats do not float the same. I’ll read that post with interest.

Yeah, me too actually. I’m surprised that the EU isn’t all the same hurdle. But maybe there’s some logistics issues on top of the regulatory ones.

1 Like

Perhaps, although, Amsterdam is a major entry way for stuff to the EU. Unfortunately they are likely not using a broker and shipping individual units from the plant. They could ship xxThousand units to a broker in the EU then have the broker ship them on after inspection. Likely not happening this way.

Just checked, bumped from March 20 to April 20th.

Already planned to cancel, just hoping the dollar difference narrows - I shouldn’t lose money because I waited years past the original delivery projection.

4 Likes

I am also pushed from Jan 18th to feb 20th. This is getting stupid. Norway.

2 Likes

Jan 31st to Mar 8th. :frowning:

@Dan - This is a major shift in a lot or orders. Can we please have an explanation as to why this has happened?

This is especially concerning to me in the UK. Before March, we are still part of the EU and therefore will benefit from having the same trading conditions and problems as the rest of the EU. But soon this will no longer be the case (thanks 51.% of my country folk) so I’m worried that this will cause further delays.

4 Likes

Hi. We are from Germany. Our delivery date was also pushed back over a month from 18th of January to 22nd February. Of course no explanation. Again loosing faith in glowforge. Please don’t tell me that I can cancel my order.

2 Likes

Me too feb 8 to march 8. I’m getting furious :angry:

2 Likes

Least you have a date, my account page doesn’t even have a date (just a date for the air filter). Contacted support a few weeks ago and still nothing.

Feb 23rd to march 23rd… Not even a December update. Ive gone beyond being fed up with this now. I’m pretty close to hating Glowforge as a business and washing my hands of this whole mismanaged mess. For the first time, I’m close to pulling the plug. Ugh.

2 Likes

February 13th to March 12th. It’s getting really hard not to spice my posts with some choice f-ing swearwords!

2 Likes

We’re doing our best to forecast when logistics and compliance will be in place for each country, and update those forecasts as soon as we get new data. We’ll keep you posted with the latest.

I apologize for the uncertainty - we’ll continue to share the latest forecast information with you as soon as we have it.

Hi Dan - Thanks of the note! Any information is greatly appreciated!

@dan If our forecasts have collectively shifted back by a month en masse, can you at least please give us a reason why? Somebody entered something into the scheduling system recently which affected it significantly. What was that piece of information? A few days here or there is understandable, parts arrivals and shipping delays etc. but a month?!

1 Like

Yep. I was Feb, now March. I fear this will get a lot worse.

1 Like

I’m afraid we generally don’t share production, logistics, and legal compliance details.

Couldn’t agree more. This slip is not a few days, in my case it’s five weeks. I would really appreciate more than just, “sorry for the uncertainty”.

Please understand that your international buyers are seeing others receive their machines, they’re seeing complaints about machines arriving damaged, problems with calibration alongside some great pictures of projects. If others are like me they are feeling worried, excited and angry in equal measure and would appreciate more information. It may not make us happy but it will at least make us feel appreciated and trusted as “backers”.

2 Likes

Wonderful. After putting hard earned cash behind you guys over 2 years ago during a speculative campaign and showing an incredible amount of patience and restraint, international backers get pushed behind US folks who ordered long after we did, we get offered no reason why the required regulatory and compliance processes weren’t started when they should have and now you throw in additional delays without even having the decency to offer clarification as to why.

It really is a genuine pleasure being one of your customers @dan.

1 Like