Putting fun into function

For my birthday, my kids gave me a set of leather stamps. Even before the thought of using them came to mind…and just because I can, was the thought of making them a proper storage box. It’s a 5" x 6" x 1" med. draftboard box with a secondary piece of 1/4" inside with holes cut to hold the stamps. The sliding lid is med. PG clear acrylic, engraved with a sun symbol using the trial features in the UI. I painted all the pieces with red, purple, and gold Unicorn Spit before gluing together.

bottom exterior of the box

46 Likes

Very nice! Functional and it looks great!

3 Likes

very nice. I can see why you are pleased.

3 Likes

Great way to enhance a very nice gift.

3 Likes

Very nice! Can’t wait to see what you’ll do next in your leather adventures.

2 Likes

Good job and for this you get the stamp of approval.

3 Likes

Nice! I think it would work great as a jewelry box as well. Particularly for rings—just cut slits slightly wider than the average band size into the foam. One slit per ring.

3 Likes

Ohhhhh, pretty!!! Nice gift from your kids, and what a way to store them! Well done!!

2 Likes

It would work for rings great like that if you cut the inner thing out of foam. It actually looks like foam though, doesn’t it? That’s because it’s painted with sparkly Unicorn Spit. Foam is what they originally came in when I first got them, but it got mangled (by me) so I couldn’t use it . This one is made out of thick PG draftboard.

2 Likes

nice work on the box… and those are some neat stamps too!

1 Like

That is awesome! Definitely fun! and FUNctional!!!

1 Like

Oh, I totally did think it was foam!

2 Likes

You could use acrylic or wood with rectangles as well actually. Looks great!

1 Like

Wow that stuff is something else! It looks a lot like felt/fabric, which made me not only have to reread what you wrote, but double check the pictures to see what you meant.

1 Like

Craft making for things that make crafts! Fantastic work! The virtuous cycle of making is alive and well in your house! You have reached Nirvanna!

1 Like