Quarantine Solution for Remote Storytime with Grandparents

Problem solved ….needed to use Chrome. Thanks!

2 Likes

nice

this is also great for taking product pictures from above! thanks

1 Like

I was not going to do books but wanted an overhead stand that was flexible enough to put the camera many places. Also I wanted to be a bit stingier with the wood so…

stand

edited to add:

10 Likes

nice modification, that layout is way more material efficient!

1 Like

I love the tiny version, rbtdanforth! I’m going to make this one too, so I have one for my tablet AND one for my phone, since I always need product pics and video!

1 Like

Nice! Did you use 1/4" with your file?

I don’t understand the puzzle video. It doesn’t look like it’s “cut” so apparently not the type of puzzle I am thinking of. Can you explain? not sure what the tin and the black item with white spots are. What are you using the ribbon to tie on to the stand, I see ribbon in one picture (but can’t see what was hanging; then in another picture no ribbon) …Though the stand is beautiful! …and that answers my question on if large enough for an ipad. :slight_smile:

Actually the holes are deliberately a bit large so the bands can hold the legs out at an angle. If the thickness were perfect the legs would be 90 degrees and less stable than a few degrees out.

2 Likes

I make hand-dyed mirror acrylic puzzles on my Glowforge, and like many creative businesses, I need content to post to social media websites, like Facebook and Instagram. This stand is the perfect thing to help me make videos of assembling my puzzles! The tins are the containers that I use for my puzzles, they just happened to be in this quick shot. You can see more about them in this post: Wild n' Funky Bright Acrylic Puzzles

The ribbons are in lieu of rubber bands, and there are two, tension-tying on both legs of the stand. They are hard to see because they are white on clear. My Samsung s4 tablet, is 6.5" x 9.5" with the camera in the vertical center of the tablet, so the slot is designed for that. I don’t know about an iPad, although I bet others could chime in on that.

1 Like

Is each piece a different color, or do you color them then cut into pieces?

1 Like

You can see bigger photos on my website, 3catmax.com or read about the technique in my write up, Wild n' Funky Bright Acrylic Puzzles . Short answer, color a sheet of mirror acrylic, then cut out the puzzles ;p

1 Like

Ok this makes so much more sense now. I was enlarging the picture and thinking I don’t see ANY cuts whatsoever…how can this be a puzzle. Your puzzles are amazing…and I see those that the couples were doing had some challenging ones as well…love the pic where the woman’s puzzle is done and the guy is basically just beginning…she didn’t look like she was helping much. :wink:

I’ve used Tim Holz’ alcohol inks back in the old physical scrapbooking days before I went digi to make background colored papers for my grandfather’s airforce pictures in WWII…that means my inks are like 17 years old…I haven’t used them for anything else.

I’m going to send your link to a lady in my car club…she and her hubby have been doing puzzles and posting them on their FB since we are quarantining. Your puzzles are amazing!

I think that might be the model of our Samsung tablets, basically sitting by the couch on the chargers…one is purposed for the Anova Sous Vide cooker and the other one is casual browsing and for “out of milk” for the family to pick up and add items to the shopping list.

Thank you for all the info…your creativity is amazing with these puzzles! Never been to a DragonCon but the puzzle looks awesome.

1 Like

Thanks for all the compliments! I enjoy making beautiful items that invite people to loosen up and play a little ;p

1 Like

Wish I would have seen this before I had to read to my son’s class on zoom!

Thank you so much for this wonderful design idea. My friend is a K-12 art teacher and was having trouble showing her students how to do things with her current webcam setup . I told her about this and let her hit the flashy button. She was thrilled!

1 Like

Love this! I’m gonna use it to make a photo copy stand

How very cute and clever!

Great idea- love it

1 Like

Good grief! Two years since you last posted. Glad to know you are still here.

1 Like