Quarto game (with custom pieces)

I first heard about this game sometime last year and immediately knew I wanted to make a few sets. This is my first version which I’m giving to my nephew who turns 10 next week!

Pieces are slightly different then traditional** Quarto pieces, but I wanted give it my own spin. Red tops and silver edged parts (on the tall pieces) were colored with Sharpie. Hex bolts are 1/4"-20 x 3/8 for short pieces and 5/8 inch for the tall pieces. I ran a tap through all the pieces before assembling.

Rules are on back of game board.

** characteristics for traditional pieces

cc: @gernreich :slight_smile:

37 Likes

I’m not familiar with the game but I like your project. I’m sure your nephew will love it.

2 Likes

Nicely done! I love this creative variation of the pieces.

1 Like

Your nephew will love this birthday gift and have hours of fun playing with his friends. By the way, his friends are going to want their own sets.

4 Likes

Big fun here! Neat game, too!

2 Likes

I have never played that game, but it sounds like a lot of fun!

Great job, it looks great! He should love it.

2 Likes

Great gift … I love games!

1 Like

I love this game, simple but full of strategy! I love it even more now that someone has made a copy with their :glowforge:!

2 Likes

Nice! I happen to own an original Quarto and it’s a fun strategy game. I love the twist of choosing the piece for your opponent.

1 Like

Yes, I didn’t really see how strategic that unique rule was going to come into play until I played a few games and the board was starting to fill up. Oooooh! :open_mouth: We’re enjoying this game.