Question

I just purchased the pro model. What is the thickest material that can go thru the bypass?

1/4 inch.

2 Likes

Pro Passthrough slot allows the use of material that’s up to 1/4″ (6.3mm) high, up to 20” (50.8cm) wide, and as long as desired

1 Like

So the 2” thickness they advertise isn’t accurate

Totally accurate for material that fits inside the machine.

18x20x2", also on that same specifications page.

1 Like

2" is the thickest material you can engrave in the machine. It won’t fit through the passthrough, though.

Dang I didn’t realize that

You can cancel the order if it has not shipped yet.
(I wouldn’t recommend doing that because I love my Pro and am really really really happy I got it.) :smile:

4 Likes

I already received it, I just had plans to do something longer but was about 1 1/2” thick :slightly_frowning_face:

Had you given any thought to just layering some 1/4" ply? (Actually turns out pretty stable…1/2" material is mighty thick. Are you making furniture?)

Opps sorry…that’s an inch and a half, not 1/2".

2 Likes

That might work. I was planning on doing some serving trays similar to cutting boards

Are you just engraving on it, and how large are they going to be?

Yes, just engraving but they are 24” x 10”

Yeah, if they are precut, that’s going to be too wide to fit. :thinking:

There is a way but does not need to be one of your first 25 projects…

4 Likes

Moving to BTM in 3… 2… 1…

6 Likes

Is there a you tube video on how?

As I was about to say…don’t point her towards the dark side unless you intend to take ownership guys. :rofl:

Nope. It is a bypass of certain safety measures that are built into the machine, and if you choose to pursue it, you are solely responsible for any damage to yourself that results. Your warranty will be voided if you try it, at a minimum. You can be permanently blinded as a worst case scenario. (Low risk, but not no risk.)

Know that before you attempt it, and understand the danger. A tray might not be worth it.

If you still want to do it, you will need to ask the guys…I won’t point people towards it. If someone chooses to make their own judgement and still do it, well, we all have different risk tolerances and mechanical abilities.

I’ll never do it. I like seeing. I use it for a lot of things. :wink:

5 Likes

You might also need to concern yourself in the difference in height between the “lip” of your tray and the surface you intend to engrave on. If it’s 1/2" or more, it can’t be done under any circumstances.

Um, why? It doesn’t require any modifications to the machine.

1 Like