Question

Um, why? It doesn’t require any modifications to the machine.

1 Like

Warranty also lists not attempting to bypass safety measures. (And the user manual.) :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Okay. Wonder how they’d know. All those photos the machine is taking no doubt.

So much for my warranty. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

Yeah, they do have photos of the action, so they know. (But you’re long out of warranty anyway.) :slightly_smiling_face:

In my defense I only did it after Dan implied how :grin: Started way back in the PRU days.

I made up a shield based on a design here and then did one for the Redsail - that one the whole front & rear drop down for the pass-throughs. That one opens a 10" tall by 26" hole in the front & back of the machine. That’s a pass-through :smile:

3 Likes

ROFL! Let’s see…how can I put this delicately?
Oh yeah…guys are bat- :poop: crazy. I blame it on the excess testosterone. :wink:

4 Likes

I’m not going to help any more than to tell you it is possible.

2 Likes

Ok. Another question…Does anyone know where I can purchase the protective film that is on the Glowforge materials or something similar that won’t leave a sticky residue on the materials.

3 Likes

But only if the bypassing involves disabling a component of the machine (you place a repair tech in danger) or your bypassing causes damage to the machine (duh). I believe it is a good disclaimer to put in the warranty, there is a real risk of causing permanent damage to people, especially children, and pets, but I doubt it would stand up if glowforge tried that as a defense against someone with more money than sense.

1 Like

That’s not the way I read it or understood it. So I just won’t do it. (And I also don’t want someone to wind up as a test case for it to prove me wrong. No one wins that way…someone winds up blind, Glowforge gets sued out of existence, and we all wind up having to find new lasers. Definitely not the best scenario.) :slightly_smiling_face:

I won’t mention that hack period. It’s too dangerous in my opinion.

Is it more dangerous than the idea companies may do as they please with warranty conditions and EULAs? In my opinion almost, but not quite. It’s a pet peeve of mine and when I can’t resist not saying something I try to be extra civil. And in this particular instance I don’t mind that wording in a warranty, as I believe the good outweighs the bad, I just don’t believe it would hold up in a world where both sides have equal legal resources.

1 Like

I can understand that…when the lawyers argue, they are the only ones that win.

1 Like

I resemble that remark…

3 Likes

It’s why we gals love ya! :smile:

2 Likes

and us guys are too… you know!

1 Like

Very thick serving trays! Could look cool, but I would really reconsider that choice of doing 1.5" or 2" thick, as being relatively so heavy on their own, once you put on the items you’re wanting to serve, the weight may be really uncomfortable for many to carry… (there’s a reason besides material cost that trays themselves aren’t heavy & as thin as the material allows them to remain rigid…)

1 Like

With the tray removed you can manage to get 18 x 21.5 ~22 inch piece of wood inside the Glowforge. The cutting/engrave area is still the same and you would need to be very careful not to get in the way of the rollers but you could engrave one side and rotate the wood to engrave the other side, but that would be as extreme as you could get.

1/4 " wood will fit easily in the passthrough but again if you push the extreme you can manage a hair more.

whispers : it has cameras… they are watching… :scream:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.