Quick box for the Nespresso mess

Been a while since I posted - TOO BUSY with life! But got a Nespresso for my B-Day and wanted a “box” to hold sleeves of pods. This holds 8 sleeves total which is perfect!

Made out of Walnut, Maple and Cherry (what I had on hand). The bottom looks like a spine - I wasn’t going for that I was just looking for a way to join 3 pieces together tightly. But it turned out pretty cool, so there ya go.

47 Likes

Beautiful!

3 Likes

Amazing!

3 Likes

Coffee is the backbone of many people’s day…it’s fitting. :smile:
Box looks great!

8 Likes

BTW - DON’T use that triple thick poly spray seen in the background. I’ve had great success with the normal spray stuff in the past and thought it’d be great to skip a step by not having to do multiple coats with the thicker stuff as advertised. WRONG.

Spray = awesome. Use light coats, let dry and buff with 0000 steel wool. Wipe with a tack cloth and spray again. Rinse repeat until you get the look you’re going for. Can’t bypass this with triple thick stuff!

6 Likes

That is really great! I actually like the spine. It’s a great way to get maximum glue area!

3 Likes

Good looking box.

2 Likes

Great design! Really want to get into 2-tone boxes like this.

2 Likes

Lovely! The trees are gorgeous!
We have a Nespresso at work - it makes yummy coffee :smiley:

2 Likes

Holy smokes! Amazing box, i just love those interlocking trees. Appreciate the finishing tip!

2 Likes

The splined bottom is neat, but I love the trees!

2 Likes

Beautiful box, and hello from down the road in SW denver.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies all. I’ve had several people who’ve seen it tell me I should make and sell these. But I just can’t make my hobby into a business as much as I’d like to make money.

That’s always been a challenge for me - I get to make cool stuff and then everyone wants me to sell it.

I guess I COULD use a new table saw and this COULD fund that…hmmm… :thinking:

3 Likes

Yup. I bought a new router, scroll saw, and a mini-lathe with my “hobby” sales from the last two months. I enjoyed making the products, so it didn’t take away from the hobby aspect. YMMV, of course. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Well shoot. Perhaps I can leverage that design for some cash. It’s not a hard process at all to build, but I might change the spine design.

Then again, it’s pretty unique!

1 Like