Quick Paper Towel Roll Holder

I got tired of fumbling around with the paper towel roll at my 3D printer while wearing resin-covered gloves. I whipped up a quick roll holder with some clear acrylic and, a piece of three-quarter inch dowel I had on-hand. I glued a couple discs of Draftboard to the ends of the dowel to keep it from sliding out.

This drops into the top of the wire cart I use as a 3D printing station but, I put some holes in the top in case someone wanted to mount it somewhere like the underside of a cabinet.

I’m sharing the design files in case it is useful to someone else as it is or, as a starting point for something better.

PaperTowelHolder-1.0

I am still trying to improve my video-making skills. So, here is a video of me putting this together:

Blog post with the same info:

36 Likes

Very nice, thanks for the share!

3 Likes

Epilogue…

“That saw, folks! Thanks for watching.”

3 Likes

Gotta have a sub-plot. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

I gotta recommend blue ‘shop’ towels for the Glowforge, seem to stand up better to the grime / dirt the GF throws at us!

3 Likes

Quite useful. Thank you.

3 Likes

Thanks for the design—very slick!

4 Likes

Nice design. Thank you for sharing.

4 Likes

Hanging it like that is a cool idea! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thabks for sharing! Love the whole idea!

2 Likes

Thanks for the practical share!

4 Likes

Thanks for this practical cut! How did you know I needed one?

3 Likes

I always seem to find just what I need here. Thanks for the share. (Even if I don’t need it)

4 Likes

This is awesome! Perfection!

Thank you for sharing!

3 Likes

So true; I’ve made a bunch of things I didn’t know I needed to make. :smiley:

1 Like

Genius! Thanks for the share!

2 Likes

Great idea! That’s one thing that I keep close by in my studio…plenty of paper towels.

2 Likes

The heat gun for making it bend, clever! Well done!

2 Likes

this is great thank you

2 Likes

Thank you

1 Like