Quick quick quick

Just ordered my GF on Monday July 6 2020 and already made my first print Friday 10 July 2020 at 4pm (actually 2) and made an inlay of a drawing with the trace and cut tools. I will be creating files until materials arrive but expect to be busy for a while messing with this thing tonight.

32 Likes

Welcome.

Looks like you’re off to a great start!

4 Likes

Thank you @eflyguy! Next up designing, looks like I have a few things to figure out and start testing acrylic cuts and engraving, can’t wait!

2 Likes

If you haven’t already, take a look at the tutorials.

There’s some good info on manual settings, which I suspect you’ll be exploring soon.

5 Likes

Good news story of the day. Congrats and welcome.

3 Likes

thank you @beerfaced

2 Likes

Welcome. It is obvious that you will be a positive addition to the community. I look forward to seeing what you make.

4 Likes

Thank you dklgood! Look foward to sharing and collaborating with many of you in the forums about ideas, concepts, business and family projects

1 Like

Neat! keep posting your inventions/art! It’s fun!!!

3 Likes

Not only did you get your Glowforge in record time, you’re also off to a great start!

4 Likes

I like the nervous energy of your piece! Don’t let it go to waste, now make something with it.

3 Likes

Welcome. Here are some links. Have fun!!!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sWOebDU94HwezYPbHa3YdtXjpLbEl_vEPvCb1dSByL4/htmlview?fbclid=IwAR3OXd3FuS8eprN0GHGnKHNXw9q_V5qtR4pTJoK2Jp7IsFVpx-R5uM1cI_A#gid=2079951607

6 Likes

@JimmyWayneWestie - thank you for the links and info

2 Likes

@cynd11 - thank you I needed a quick project to get me started - now I can’t calm my thoughts down :grinning:

1 Like

@arh2 - I can’t believe how quick it got here glad I didn’t spend extra on the expedited shipping

1 Like

@Aloha now the fun start

1 Like

It is so much fun. Almost every day we create something magical, or fulfill the unending gift list…

4 Likes

Off to a good start.

When I bought this thing, it was just going to be another tool out in the shop, for those odd jobs you cannot easily do with other tools.
It is amazing how fast it becomes one of the go-to answers for so many different aspects of making things.
Watch how fast your first response to anything is “I can do that on the laser”…

6 Likes

It already has, my wife gave me her phone and I am working on a dragonfly for it now, made a few signs for our realestate business and also working on acrylic business cards with a desk holder as well this thing is ridiculous

4 Likes

Nice start! Welcome to the club :wink:

2 Likes