Quicky Succulent Holder for Valentine's Day Gift

Ok so my wife come to me last night (10:30pm) and said we need to go get some stuff for a Valentine’s care packages for my daughter who’s in college so we can ship in the morning. So off to Walmart…she’s in the Valentines isle but I wonder off and first see suculents which my daughter loves…my mind gets going on something I can make. Wonder into the craft isle and they have these cute little mini easyl and canvases. So couldn’t wait to get home and hop on my glowforge to make something special. If I would have had more time I would have created the Easyl too, but the Walmart one worked. Here it is! What do you think?

41 Likes

That is so precious! She is absolutely going to love it - and her friends are all going to be so jealous! You did great!

3 Likes

She’s going to love this. Wonderful :smiley:

4 Likes

It’s wonderful! She’ll treasure it!

3 Likes

I love this. So will she. Lucky daddy’s girl!

3 Likes

Looks great! Especially since you created it under a tight deadline! She will love it.

3 Likes

Great craftsmanship! I like how you stained the wood. And the “handles” on the crates… nice scale effect to make the succulents seem like big plants :smiley:

3 Likes

Nice work, I’ve got some of those canvas types waiting for inspiration

In the meantime, is this a normal thing, parents doing valentines presents to their children? Here in the UK it’s strictly between couples (or wannabe couples)

1 Like

These kinds of things are why I love the GF so much. It’s wonderful to see all the personalized, heartwarming gifts people are able to make. :heart:

2 Likes

This is wonderful, I love your message to her :heartpulse:

1 Like

We do it for staff, kids, parents, sometimes friends. At least I always have. My other daughter lives in town and I have her spare car key. Every year I sneak over at night and put something in her car.

4 Likes

Those are really nice… and there’s no obvious laser cut pattern at the corners!

2 Likes

Yes! I was wondering - are these just glued or how is this held together? Really looks fantastic.

1 Like

There is an inner box with notches and a notch that attaches it to the base. Then the outside crate is glued on. I don’t like notches showing if I have to use them and always try to cover them if possible. I don’t want it to look like it came from a laser.

5 Likes

This is beautiful. What a lucky girl your daughter is!

1 Like

I am lucky to have her as my daughter. She is fantastic!

2 Likes