Quilting with the Glowforge

This is what we originally ordered the Glowforge for. My wife, Pauline will be very happy to see this. Please post more of what you are doing for quilting with you GF . Can you post your setting so we have a starting point.

I have been trying to cut my wool with my Glowforge, but have not gotten the settings right to cut all the way through, without burning the edges. How do you deal with the brown edges on your white fabric? By the way what is the name of the pattern it is very cute and would do well in wool.

following.
I have felt ideas. :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing, looks awesome!

What are the weights you are using? Have you done any experimentation with multiple layers of fabric at once?

The weights I used are small pieces of flexible magnetic sheets used to print refrigerator magnets. I haven’t tried multiple layers yet, as I am worried about burning the cotton.

The charred edges rubbed right off with my finger. Cotton burns differently than wool, and its ash is powdery and easier to brush away. I fiber flame tests wool withdraws from a flame and beads up leaving a hard but brittle black char. The pattern for the quilt was “Honey Bunny” designed by JoAnn Hoffman.

Thanks.
Do you know of anyone cutting wool with a laser cutter?

Thank you!