Radius Gauges

Use to measure radius on found objects. Helpful when designing an item to fit an existing radius or as a visual reference.

RadiusGauges,

42 Likes

Did you kerf correct the design before uploading, or is this raw?

I designed the parts in Fusion360 and then imported a DXF to Illustrator to add the text and then finally save it as an SVG file. I’m kind of new to this, does the Glowforge cut on the line, how do I specify how to treat the kerf (cut inside, outside, split)?

That’s a broad topic. Short version is that GF cuts on the line and you have to manually correct for it.

Search the forum for “kerf correction” and you’ll see lots of posts.

INB4: GF software can’t automatically kerf correct to extreme tolerances because kerf width varies depending on the settings and material used.

Kerf correction is one of those things where you’ll be a lot happier if you know just what tolerance you need before you start. Chasing thousands of an inch is not the most fun hobby, try to only do it when thousandths matter. For your gauges, I’m not sure they do, but that’s up to you.

1 Like

I can see these coming in acrylic to my house in short order.

I’ve been thinking about doing this, just hadn’t got my round-to-its. Thanks.

5 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Nice! Thank you for sharing your work!

1 Like

@gareth and I (mostly @gareth) are working on a better Fusion 360 post professor for Glowforge. Results soon!

8 Likes

I didn’t know I needed this until I saw it. Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

Thank you for the file.