Rainbow Settlers of Catan board

We’re a gaming kind of house so we wanted to upgrade our Settlers of Catan board after seeing so many cool versions from the rest of you. We made two versions of the board, one in the traditional colors and our rainbow board. It’s double layered with stained Baltic Birch to help hold the settlements in place and make the number tokens easier to remove. The boat pieces are all interchangeable in the borders.

48 Likes

That is super cool! I want to make one with my Glowforge, and have been trying to design my own pieces. Great job!
Now this one isn’t “made on a Glowforge”, but I used my 3D printer to make this set of Catan. Each piece was hand painted. It took F_O_R_E_V_E_R to 3D print all the pieces. 3D printing is cool, but super slow.
Anyway. I made this set. I will not EVER make another one! I probably spent easily 300-400 hours printing and painting. Each side of every tile has magnets that hold it all together. It was fun, but would never do it again. I did this before I bought my Glowforge.
I DID NOT design this. It was a free file on Thingaverse.

20 Likes

Wow! Stunning work.

5 Likes

Very cool!

4 Likes

That looks fantastic. Love the colors. Every time I see these boards I think about making one and learning how to play

5 Likes

That’s super cool! But wow that’s a long time to make. I think of it as a one and done too.

2 Likes

I love seeing how one game can have so many different interpretations. The colors are from Unicorn Spit stain, really cool vibrant colors.

1 Like

I really like your laser cut set, tamara.laiers! It is aweome looking.

2 Likes

So cool to see all the different versions of these.

4 Likes

I agree

3 Likes

These are both really cool! I have GOT TO learn how to play this game!

2 Likes

I love the white tops with the negative space to show the colors!

If I do another board I might try this style. I really like how this looks!

I think I also prefer the straight edges instead of the puzzle pieces. The puzzle pieces look cool and hold together well, but they actually are more troublesome to set up.

4 Likes

I want to apologize.
tamara.lapiers was showing us her Catan Board, and I may have inadvertently “hijacked”, even partially, her post by showing my 3D printed one. That was not my intention. I should have posted my own pictures under the “Everything Else” category.
Sorry about that tamara.lapiers!

I really do like yours, and hopefully I can design and cut a set out on my own someday.

5 Likes

You added to my post and showed us another cool vacation of a Catan board! no apologies necessary!!

4 Likes

@tamara.lapiers It is beautiful!! I love the camel and the cactus … along with the coloring of the background on that piece.

@Docsis That is a long project! Turned out great, and I’m glad you kept at it!

2 Likes

well… a lot of that time was the 3D printing.

2 Likes

True … but still!

1 Like

Very nice!! Beautiful colors! I would have to say the desert is my favorite with the design and the color. Very inspirational!

1 Like