Raspberry Pi Bartop Arcade Cabinet

Over the past few weeks, I have been working on a complex project involving a Raspberry Pi and Glowforge. It is a Raspberry Pi-powered bar-top arcade cabinet that runs Retropie. It is able to emulate games from consoles like the NES, PS1, MAME, ATARI2600, and more. Using the Glowforge, I designed and cut black, white, and clear medium proof grade acrylic panels for this machine, designing it to look similar to a pre-designed kit from Pimoroni called Picade.

Here are the pictures of it:

If anybody has questions about how I designed and built this, please feel free to ask!

42 Likes

I just realized I forgot to list the parts I used. Below is a screenshot of my order from Pimoroni. Other then that, I used proof grade medium acrylic and a Raspberry Pi 4B.

I also ordered some m2.5 standoffs and screws from Amazon, and did not need the full quantity of screws and brackets shown in the screenshot.

15 Likes

Great job! love it!

3 Likes

That is so cool. My wife will be asking me to make her a Pac-Man if she sees this.

5 Likes

Amazing

3 Likes

This is extraordinary!! Great job!

2 Likes

I’m impressed!

2 Likes

Wow!

2 Likes

Yes! Very retro and cool!

1 Like

Neat project!!! Looks fantastic!

We bought an arcade cabinet many years ago for the kids, which held a tv and had a shelf to sit either Nintendo or Super Nintendo. I’ve always liked arcades, even though I never really played games.

3 Likes

Excellent build!

1 Like

So cool!

1 Like

What fun!!That is a rabbit hole I may have to go down!

1 Like

:exploding_head:

1 Like

Definitely a fun gaming object that I would stick on my desk. Great to have on hand when I get annoyed at an email – time to stomp mushroom critters!

2 Likes