Could you provide some more specifics with both the fan and how you ran the venting separate from the egress window?
- How / where is the electrical connection for the fan? (inside or outside wiring)
- How do you control the fan on / off / variable speed?
- Did you do the PVC yourself, or did you hire someone to do the run?
- How did you attach the piping to the Glowforge, and what is your plan for acces when it comes time to clean the internal fan?
- Did you order the filter, and if so, are you still planning on it, or are you thinking about cancelling it?
- Any concerns about temperature when not running? I would imagine that in Colorado, your winters may be similar in temperature to mine in the Chicagoland area.
It looks really good, and I’m only asking because you have me now totally reconsidering
re-working my run, either with PVC just for the internal side components or for the whole thing - including the 6 ft of piping up my egress window well to the surround I built for it. I’d love to be able to use the fan you have outside of my office (in the Egress well) and am sure the PVC pipe would make a difference.
I would also consider PVC pipe through the wall, but that would likely involve digging / exavating at the bottom of the window well… Not someting I look forward to.