Ready, Set, Sling Hockey Table

I just downloaded the free Ready, Set, Sling file, are there instructions on how to assemble it somewhere? This is the first free download I’ve tried so I’m not sure how it all works.

TIA,
Jen

Click on the 3 dots icon in the top row, then click on…I think it’s Design Details. Instructions should pop out at the right if they have any.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for the quick reply, I knew there had to be instructions somewhere.
Jen

1 Like

They really need to make those instructions easier to find :wink:

1 Like

They are easy for you now :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

True. But it seems like many a new user can’t find these.
I also think it’d be useful to see at least some of these instructions before deciding to purchase a design…

Often you want to have a sense of what kind of assembly you’re getting yourself into.

1 Like

A basic fact in most computer stuff is that there are mountains everywhere that revert to less than molehills as soon as you know where the right button is. Many commercial programs go to great lengths to walk you to the button so the brand new user can accomplish something.

The problem is that nobody stays a brand new user for long, and all that walking through (usually by decision trees) becomes a PIA as that has to ne done each time and many otherwise unnecessary clicks feels like dragging an anchor where you are going.

The GFUI is not that complicated and you can try all the buttons very quickly, and not need instruction too much. The side software like Gimp and Inkscape take much more extensive study so it is assumed that the GFUI does not need that level of hand holding.

2 Likes

All the instructions. And mandatory for all projects so that total nubes can actually load it and print it like GF advertises.

I just finished my assembly of this if anyone needs any “pro tip” :stuck_out_tongue:

The instructions say you need quarters… But it doesn’t seem to use them. I imagine maybe a previous build used quarters instead of laser cut pucks.

I also recommend some clamps of some sort to hold pieces together tight while glue dries.

It’s a pretty nice assembly, and not to difficult. Some of the joins are pretty tight. I used a hammer and a bit of cardboard to protect the surface as I tapped to get things together.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.