My glowforge finally made it’s way back home after a warranty, and it’s working better than ever! While it was away I had a few designs I made, so I was able to test out the first one. I’m a huge fan of adding clear acrylic to medium cherry or walnut, and a while back I had designed these to show that off. This is the latest iteration, with others in the brainstorm phase.
I used some hemp cord to bind it and for it to hang from, and other than that, it’s a simple but fun project! This is the first time I defocused the laser and it really does make a difference for the engraves. To be clear, I only defocused it for the engraved section, both the cut and scores were done with proofgrade settings.