Recently made this for a client

A client recently reached out to me as she was going through a redesign of some of her logos and a few other things (via my wife, Author and Illustrator Em Varosky - https://www.skoshieandfriends.com). And wanted a custom display for her spices for markets as well as in-store displays.

She needed it to be modular, so as she added new spices, it could support more than just the 10 which she has now. It’s a tab and slot design (all done in Illustrator), with an acrylic “bar” in front to keep them from jumping out. Also, the shelves are angled forward so gravity can carry them to the front as one is pulled out. Each slot holds 6 units.

Also my client, A Pinch of Fancy - she has awesome spice mixes. Highly suggest the Oh, Mama! and Chef’s Magic (https://www.apinchoffancy.com).

25 Likes

Very nice practical cut!

6 Likes

Nicely done!

5 Likes

Thank you @dklgood!

3 Likes

Thank you @dwardio!

4 Likes

That’s lovely! The acrylic bar across the front is the kind of detail far too many designers seem to miss, so well done there :smiley:

How many sheets of material does one unit take?

4 Likes

Wow that turned out nice!

3 Likes

Nice thinking with the acrylic … looks great!

2 Likes

Wonderful job on that! The fact that the rack is tilted slightly forward so the products move forward is fantastic, and as others have said, the clear acrylic in front is a great touch.

5 Likes

Thank you! We went with acrylic, because we did not want to hide any of the labels for the spice canisters. The 2-shelf unit takes about 11 sheets of material, so it is quite a monster :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Thank you!!

2 Likes

Thanks Ellen! Another detail, is the top covers are removable as well (only the sides and the center slots are additionnaly affixed into place with super glue for support, so that additional layers can be stacked up if needed.

4 Likes

Very nice! Practical and aesthetically pleasing!

4 Likes

Fancy. Looks perfect.

4 Likes

Such a clever modular design. I assume you would add additional 5-unit layers on top as needed. I’ll bet this thing is quite heavy when fully loaded!

3 Likes

Thank you! And yes, that is exactly how this was made, so we can stack at least 2 more modules on top as she expands her line of spice mixes.

i have not personally tested it fully loaded, only had a couple of cans on hand (that I had bought previously). But I bet it is pretty heavy fully loaded. So, I accounted for handling the weight in the design, it’s got lots of feet :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Thank you!!

1 Like

:wink: Thanks!

2 Likes