Recipe Box

How be the hinges go in?

1 Like

Welcome to the forum.
If you click on the link provided to boxes.py there is a close up photo of the hinged area that might help you.

1 Like

Itried no luck

I still use a recipe box… and I need a new “volume.” Thanks for this!

No luck seeing the hinge or no luck figuring it out? I haven’t made this box, but here is the pic from boxes.py

Personally I like the Integrated Hinge Box

And with Boxes.py you can play with sizing ad infinitum.

3 Likes

I slimmed them down and using thinner Baltic Birch plywood was able to make them stronger and less clunky without sacrificing strength :grin:
hinge bits-10-out

2 Likes

I found it inherently weak and quit using it.

what do you use to interlock the hinges? The couple that I did I had to use a brass rod. but my metal cutting skills are less than ideal.

6 Likes

I have several diameters of these:
https://www.amazon.com/Skewers,-Skewers-Appetizer-Chocolate-Fountain/dp/B07TBRCJBH/ref=asc_df_B07TBRCJBH/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=366307836661&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5648353823528063333&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9012119&hvtargid=pla-792070529656&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=81881007568&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=366307836661&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5648353823528063333&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9012119&hvtargid=pla-792070529656

3 Likes

I really like this design and made one. I’m not sure if I downloaded the file incorrectly but the box ended up being 3 x 5 outside measurements so I had to cut my cards down to fit inside.
Also I am not sure how to insert the hinges. I can usually figure it out but this is perplexing me. I can’t see the hinges in the picture to figure out how to add. Can you help me out?

1 Like

Do you see the hinges in the posts right above yours?

Hi, I downloaded your file but it looks like I’m only getting the first page of it. Is there another download I can use? I can’t wait to put it together!

Welcome to the forum.

There are several files included above. There is recipe box 1, recipe box 2, and recipe box dividers and inside box.
Click on each segment above and save image as svg.

1 Like

Are they the .ai file shared in Dropbox? Or are they different links?

Click on what look like line drawings under the original post.

1 Like

That worked perfectly, thank you!!!