Recipe card box

One of my favorite things about the glowforge is the ability to preserve and replicate the art of handwritten pieces from our past. Hand written recipes, letters - and even envelopes are super special to me. I made these recipe boxes this week after taking my moms old one - as a way to organize some of our family favorites and pay homage to the authors. I even made a small easel where a recipe card can sit when in use. I love how they came out!

I also turned these in to “kits” for others who might want to put one together. I can customize the engraved front for them and then they can paint and assemble.

One of my favorite parts of this is that the dividers (card stock) were also cut on the laser - so fast!

23 Likes

what a lovely gift for Mother’s Day! And how nicely everything came together, the dividers, the boxes, the little stand for a particular recipe… You put a lot of thought into this, and it will be wonderful family keepsakes!

4 Likes

A delightful gift!

2 Likes

A very thoughtful and thought out gift!

2 Likes

Very pretty and very well done.

Nice! The recipe box concept is fantastic! A real holder of a family history!

Thank you so much! I am excited to display these in our kitchen and share them with our kids. <3

Thank you!

1 Like

@gooddog @ptodd @arh2 @dklgood @MakerMatthew - thank you! We are looking forward to filling them up with even more as a family. <3

1 Like

Love it - and especially love the old weathered look. Really really nice job!

2 Likes

Thank you!