Recliner side table carousel

Because I spend a lot of time in my recliner and the table beside it is quite cluttered, I designed a carousel to wrap the table lamp and use the space more efficiently.
Before:

After:

The tissue box holder is from a free laser file posted 8/3/19 by designvh619.

The side hooks are from a purchased file from Big Blue Laser Designs

50 Likes

Great way to keep the glasses, remotes and some of your lovely pens within arm’s reach.

5 Likes

Looks great! And the tissue box got an upgrade as well!

6 Likes

What a fabulous idea!

4 Likes

First I take exception to your use of the term cluttered. :grin: this is cluttered.

I really like your idea. Unfortunately, the stuff on my wife’s end table next to her recliner is too big to put on a carousel. Curious how you got the base around the lamp? And how do you get it to stay above the lamp base and spin?

9 Likes

Looks like a lift chair, nice! I have a Golden, and need to do something like this to declutter my side table

4 Likes

I hesitated to supply a file because it is very unlikely that anyone has the same lamp.
I used a tray made from a box file and split it in half. The attached file shows the tray configuration and the ring to attach the two sections together with the long U shaped pieces holding the tray together and the small U shaped pieces holding the ring together.
Tray

10 Likes

Yes it is a lift chair and also serves as my bed.

5 Likes

Thanks. I was mostly curious if you split the base and ring into 2 pieces and rejoined them around the lamp. It’s a great idea.

3 Likes

That’s a great idea…I hate clutter, too!

3 Likes

I can direct you to a supplier of serious lazy susan rings.

I made my wife an Adult sized Sit-n-Spin using one. and a dress up center for my daughters that rotated so it could sit in the corner. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This is way cool…great practical use!!

1 Like

Sure! Thanks

rockler has several sizes. a search for “lazy susan” will turn them up.

the Sitnspin is a big hit at parties. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

What a great idea!

NOw that is putting the GF to work for a good cause! Nice work!

Thank you for providing the file! Even without going around a lamp, it is still very useful!

1 Like

Very cool, love the design!

1 Like