Record Sleeves

Had my GF for a couple of months, learning as I go and the community has been so helpful so I thought I’d share my first real project. A friend has a record label and put out a 45 last year from a band my husband and I fell in love with from LA. Decided to make a special edition of the record on Glowforge. Engraved and cut the two sides out of 1/8 Birch plywood then cut two stencils out of chipboard for the yellow and red paint. My record label friend painted those with his airbrush paint setup.

Was an interesting choice for a first project but it forced me to figure out a lot…

21 Likes

Projects force us to learn, and then we are better prepared for the next project. Sadly I couldn’t view the video.

4 Likes

Funny I can’t see the video on my computer either but can on my phone. I just uploaded a picture of the front cover before it was painted. Actually I think this was an early version that I thought was too dark. I was so into making them and passing off for the painting I didn’t take many pics.

2 Likes

Thanks for the picture. I love all of the different expressions.

2 Likes

If you upload it to YouTube or Vimeo, etc. you can link it here :slight_smile:

3 Likes

updated to a vimeo link

2 Likes

Great project!

2 Likes

This is a great first project!! Cool design and advanced for your first! Congrats!!

1 Like

Not seeing your video link, but I like the unpainted design. Would be cool to see it painted.

1 Like

Oh yeah! The striping looks fabulous <3

1 Like