Record your Settings - filed under 'Duh, oh yeah huh?'

:smile: Prayers have been answered:

2 Likes

Is there a way to see what the current :proofgrade: settings are? I thought you used to be able to see them when you went to change from Proofgrade to Manual. When I change from Proofgrade Engrave to Manual Engrave, the settings jump to 1000/full ? I was hoping to use the acrylic settings as a baseline (since my first engrave was with those) and adjust from there, but I can;t tell what they are(were?)

I thought that still worked. I have switched between different proofgrade settings back and fourth to manual to confirm the settings changed, and they did.
I haven’t had the need to check recently though.

That still works.

Try selecting the PG settings first then completely exit the flyout menu. Then click on it again to switch to Manual, and it should bring over the PG settings.

4 Likes

i’ve had to do that occasionally. like it needs a reset or something.

I"ve been doing this for a while…works wonderfully!

Not to be cynical, but everything that glowforge does to make using non proofgrade materials difficult has the side effect of them selling more proofgrade materials, which is a strong incentive.

I see no effort by the company to make using goofgrade difficult, anyone is free to explore other sources. The difference between them is we have to test and dial in the settings, as opposed to that work having been done for the proofgrade offerings. The company offers those materials to make it easier for anyone to use a laser and increase their success rate. The opposite of making things difficult.
Just my perspective.

3 Likes

Which is exactly what you have to do with other lasers. It’s why there are so many calibration and test templates out on Thingiverse and other places (like here).

1 Like