Red translucent acrylic box with reverse-engraved lid

Sharing this quick and simple box I made out of translucent red cast acrylic. I made it as a thank you for someone and put some Porsche 911 gummies in it that I made using a silicon ice-cube tray. I like how the reverse engraving turned out on the lid. I was contemplating painting it but really glad I didn’t.

35 Likes

Looks very cool.

5 Likes

Thanks, I still find myself amazed that I can do these things :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve said this before, one of the great things about a GF is you can make stuff that looks professional or came from a factory.

Obviously most of us here like our “crafty” style, but it’s good to make factory style too sometimes.

5 Likes

That looks great.

2 Likes

Awesome! Now I wanna see the gummies. Did you make the silicone mold, and if so, how?

5 Likes

That looks awesome. I think it’s better without the paint too!

3 Likes

I totally agree! I believe my personal brand of crafty is not good enough quality and to make something that looks professional and bought - and much of the time expensive - is amazing and I love it so much.

3 Likes

I didn’t make the mould, I used a silicone ice-cube tray that you can get from Porsche. Here is one of them on a different box lid! They are really sticky when they come out so I just coated them with some icing sugar.

8 Likes

Thanks @Marcello

The red makes a VERY pretty box!

3 Likes

That’s a seriously professional looking box. It makes a very nice gift.

2 Likes

Snazzy!

1 Like

Wow! That looks awesome!! I’m still trying to figure out how to reverse engrave. lol

Try this post! I think being they reverse engraved the letting it might make it easier to understand plus it looks really cool!! Nativity Shadowbox reverse engraved

1 Like

Thank you so much!! I’m trying to make a 1957 Chevy BelAir. The file wants to engrave the body. I’m needing it to score the body and engrave the windows. :grimacing:

I used reverse engrave the text here on clear acrylic. If you have premium, you can use one of the tools on the right to flip the text. Once done, flip the acrylic and the text should be right side up and perfectly smooth. Backed with a black or blue acrylic the text comes out beautifully.

That’s a whole other story and will require you to work in something like Inkscape and have some skill in using it.

Thank you for all of your help! I truly appreciate it very much!

Inkscape and I are not friends! :joy: I’ve watched so many videos on YouTube and still can’t figure it out. :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes