Red translucent acrylic box with reverse-engraved lid

Sharing this quick and simple box I made out of translucent red cast acrylic. I made it as a thank you for someone and put some Porsche 911 gummies in it that I made using a silicon ice-cube tray. I like how the reverse engraving turned out on the lid. I was contemplating painting it but really glad I didn’t.

34 Likes

Looks very cool.

5 Likes

Thanks, I still find myself amazed that I can do these things :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve said this before, one of the great things about a GF is you can make stuff that looks professional or came from a factory.

Obviously most of us here like our “crafty” style, but it’s good to make factory style too sometimes.

5 Likes

That looks great.

2 Likes

Awesome! Now I wanna see the gummies. Did you make the silicone mold, and if so, how?

5 Likes

That looks awesome. I think it’s better without the paint too!

3 Likes

I totally agree! I believe my personal brand of crafty is not good enough quality and to make something that looks professional and bought - and much of the time expensive - is amazing and I love it so much.

3 Likes

I didn’t make the mould, I used a silicone ice-cube tray that you can get from Porsche. Here is one of them on a different box lid! They are really sticky when they come out so I just coated them with some icing sugar.

7 Likes

Thanks @Marcello

The red makes a VERY pretty box!

3 Likes

That’s a seriously professional looking box. It makes a very nice gift.

2 Likes

Snazzy!

1 Like