Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

So taking a break from fixing broken glowforges, I looked at a box full of leftovers, that when I was making whatever the item was, I saw ‘potential’ - here is mine, show me your scrap art!
(everything made of scrap)

13 Likes

Previously:

Previouslier:

Previousliest:

And several others:

https://community.glowforge.com/search?q=scraps

6 Likes

LOL!!!

ok, i’m not original.

But in my defense … this isn’t using unused space on a piece of wood / acrylic
this is creating something else from leftovers.

1 Like

I am thinking of having a pile of loose pieces and trying to reconstruct the design from those (much less cutting it out of the middle of the material) :face_with_spiral_eyes:

In your defense, still previously:

and previouslier:

and previousliest:

… and several others:

https://community.glowforge.com/search?q=use%20your%20scraps

1 Like

Another thing I never would have thought of doing! That looks great! I have saved so many little scraps, from tiny circles to whatever. I have jars and containers full of them, now I’ve got something to plan for!

5 Likes

O.my.word…if I showed everything I’ve ever made with scrap I would be banned from the forum for incessant photos! It would receive about as warm a welcome as showing slides of my last vacation.

5 Likes

That’s beautifully done - it looks ridiculously planned for something made of scrap! Do you see the wheat field and clouds, or the peacock?

2 Likes

I always see the peacock :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I see a wheat field painted by Van Gogh

4 Likes

Caltrops. Ever stepped on small .125in scraps barefoot? That’s some lego-level pain.

6 Likes

All the time and then it sticks to your foot and you have to find a place you can sit to remove it. Tiny ones are the worst!

ESP WHEN YOU TRY AND LASER THEM… :stuck_out_tongue:
(joke) never use un-certified wood or body parts in a Glowforge

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.