Removing paper from acrylic?

Soak it in lighter fluid for 5 mins. Then remove, then wash with dishwashing liquid. Then freak out over all of the smudges!! Then more lighter fluid, rub well with a paper towel, then more dishwashing liquid…repeat as necessary, till you get a crystal clear surface. Trust me, you’ll get there.

Soak the paper towel with water when done; spontaneous combustion is a real thing!!

4 Likes

Maybe they used this…

5 Likes

This is my favorite bit of all time. Gilda!

2 Likes

FWIW this is a place where the plastic single-edge razors can be useful.

3 Likes

I have found that one of those citrus sticker remover products works wonders. When the paper is really stuck I spray or pour the liquid on, let it soak for an hour and then pull the paper off. I have used this technique more than once to rescue perfectly good acrylic.

7 Likes

Hi, were you able to get this to work out?

:thumbsup:

3 Likes

Oops, missed that…

I can’t recommend the lighter fluid / wd-40 enough…works really well, with minimal effort :slight_smile:

2 Likes

+1. Ronson Lighter Fluid works wonders in that area.

2 Likes

Coleman stove fuel is the same stuff and cheaper. You can get it by the gallon.

3 Likes

Of course you always want to try something like this on a small sample. That being said I will probably try using UNDU … it’s a liquid that is fantastic with the use of sticker removal. It’s safe enough that you can pour it over the top of a traditional printed photograph and it will not damage the photograph. It can remove a sticker and still leave the tackiness intact so you can reuse the sticker elsewhere. I also use UNDU to clean up any adhesive left from the sticker. I have used UNDU for probably 10 years on scrapbooking type projects, etc. You can buy it at most places that sell scrapbook supplies (JoAnns or Michaels)…but I am including a link to wal-mart because they have a lot of stores! :slight_smile:UNDU

Note: It is not greasy like Goo Gone is.

10 Likes

Kerosene is supposed to work well on acrylic.

1 Like