Repeat last design feature

Please have a “repeat last design” function without having to go through the whole upload process. I have a competitors laser machine and the ability to repeat the last design without uploading and waiting for the interface to connect to the cloud, process the cut path and then send it back to the machine just so I can hit the start button is a painful process. Especially when I am repeating the same cut 1,000 times… yes, literally 1,000 times. It is one of the main reasons I bought a competitors machine.

4 Likes

People have been asking for that feature forever and it still hasen’t happened yet. I don’t know if it will ever happen, but it sure is a pain in the ass when you have to do a repeat design.

4 Likes

This has been requested a LOT. But you would need to send the email to the support group for them to see your request. They do not monitor this forum.

8 Likes

Preaching to the choir. Send an email to support.

5 Likes

I doubt it will ever happen. There are too many things that are “different” between prints, even “same print” prints. They would have to make the Focus feature something that was independent of the job upload. (I can’t think of other steps in the process that vary, repeat job to repeat job) I know people say “I am using the same material each time”, but we all know how much variation there is in piece to piece of material. It seems silly, because even with variations, we aren’t going to change the settings, so the only thing that would change would be the Focus of the machine (which it seems to do, even if you set a focus depth) and that is all part of the upload.

5 Likes

Well… then that should be up to me if I want to rush that. With my OMtech, I use this feature all the time and the variances between pieces is so minimal that it doesn’t matter if the thickness changes by a few thousandths of an inch. I just wish they lets us have that choice.

I generally agree, software designers should not be forcing their assumptions on end-users.

In this case, however, I would think the lawyers were involved.

4 Likes

I understand it rechecking the focus and all that, but I don’t understand why it has to reprocess the image again if nothing has changed?

I appreciate all the safety features, but why the inefficiency of processing the exact same image? Couldn’t they implement a form of “dirty” flag to know if they could reuse the last calculations? (Please excuse my ponderings…)

2 Likes

But, as I understand it, when it processes (simplistic interpretation here) all that gets sent to the machine is “Cut 3 inches from this point left, then turn 90 degrees and cut two inches, then turn 90 degrees and cut 3 inches and then turn 90 degrees and cut 2 inches” and there is your rectangle. But if it refocuses, and determines that your material is lower thickness, then those distances may change (however minutely), so it needs to be “processed” again to get the proper distances. Again, that is overly simplistic, and probably not exactly true in that particular scenario, since the cuts are vertical on the Z axis, but maybe there is something that changes due to focus in the processing process.

1 Like

I agree if the focus changes then the first operation may be slightly different, but all the operations after that should be the exact same. That is why I feel like it is highly inefficient.

This is not a problem for me, since I almost never cut the exact same thing back-to-back. The only thing that came close was when I was working on Christmas ornaments for my wife, but even those were personalized so not the same.

1 Like

Testify!

Any change in the distance from the lens would not change the XY coordinates of the cut. I have an omtech as well as my GF and there is a repeat button. It works perfect every time.

2 Likes

Yeah. It wasn’t much of an issue for me either… until I got a $10k order to cut 1,000 sheets of acrylic.

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.