Replacing the lid cable

It took 9 days from my first reporting the problem on the forum, to receiving and installing the replacement, so Glowfinger is up and running once more.
I had thought about making some sort of cardboard holder to manipulate the ends of the cable, but in the end forgot, and just went for it !
One observation I would make to other users, and I have included this nugget of wisdom back to support, is when it comes to adhering the main length to the lid, I found that I needed more finger room to get hold of the cable, and get the connectors to line up with the side cable sockets.
I peeled the cable back off from the lid about 4" each side, and this worked OK.
John :upside_down_face:

11 Likes

I’m going to add another post here, as it might be connected (or not!).
Glowfinger is running and capable of cutting, but today I discovered that the exhaust fan had stopped :upside_down_face:
As I’m out of warranty, but have been professionally trained in electro-mechanical and electronic technology, I have no qualms about tackling the preliminary investigation I need to do.
It might be a replacement fan, or an open circuit, but either way, the opportunity to get the fan clean, and other work in that area, will be beneficial.
John :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.