Request from my wife - Unique kitchen clock

My wife and I were recently in Italy and we saw a clock at a restaurant that we thought would be perfect for our kitchen. My typical response ever since I got the Glowforge is “I can make that.” I week after we got back we went shopping for some colorful kitchen utensils and I created this! The silver clock is the one we saw in Italy (in case you cannot tell which one I built). I used medium draft wood as the base and since I didn’t have any more PG walnut I had to use medium draftwood for the face as well. Luckily I had a couple of sheets of Walnut veneer!

65 Likes

So creative!! Love it :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Oh that is so freaking cool! (And now I know what to do with all the cooking utensils that you never have time to use once you get a Glowforge.) :smile:

3 Likes

Of course the colorful whimsical one for the kitchen and the sterling silver one (when you make it) will be for the formal dinning room.

3 Likes

Class. Very clever :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You’re going to need some parsley, sage and rosemary to go with your time.

8 Likes

I think it’s time for me to “whisk” up another one!

4 Likes

Yes very creative, colorful and whimsical.

Way cool!!!

2 Likes

Very nice and Teflon safe, but I can see some serving issues in the future :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Some of the new metallic paints are pretty amazing. I’m really fond of the hammered bronze. :sunglasses:

Very cool clock! I really like the way you attached the tools. If at some point you find you need a slotted spoon you could just snip the zip, grab 6 o’clock, use it, clean it, and zip it back in!

2 Likes

Sweet clock! It’s awesome seeing how you took the original clock idea and turned it into something of your own.

2 Likes

Great Job

1 Like

A very fun addition to your home … And a nice memory of your vacation.