Request: Pacific NW wood review?

I have shopped there many times but you have to be willing to hunt for what you want. I also spend a far amount of time and money at Compton Lumber which is on the other side of the street by Crosscut lumber in Seattle. I mainly buy the hit or miss lumber (cherry, walnut etc.) They have a better price point than Crosscut for the hit or miss, but not the selection on the exotics. Woodcraft in Seattle has a good selection of board lumber but check the outside bins for specials… some times there are specials on the board lumber and they can cut it to size. Rockler in Seattle does not have the variety of board lumber that they used to have since they moved to the Northgate location. You can always start with Bellingham go to Rockler end in Seattle and coming back decide which is the place to buy.

1 Like

No review on the wood but the Food at Anthony’s at Squalicum Harbor is really good! 4/5 in my opinion! It’s a 1-2 min drive from the wood place.

2 Likes

I got the “You know we produce lumber RRRIIIIIGGGHHHTTT?” :expressionless:

1 Like

The good news about the fires – in sections that are not completely lost, just burnt slightly – they’ll start reclamation right away before they rot off, possibly lowering prices.

2 Likes

Recently moving up here to Bellingham from Seattle, I haven’t been there yet but I could go take a look and let you know what I fine out if that would help,

Well if you’re inclined to visit and give a peek at what you find for forging, that’d be awesome, thanks!

It is a father and son recently moved here from White Rock in BC😊

Very nice and friendly – will take orders if they don’t have what you are looking fir, they will order and they do deliver to BC.

1 Like

18 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to scout them out!
He’s got a good chunk of rough-sewn woods, that’s for sure

2 Likes

A lot of the rough hewn stuff is burls. One of the workers there the call "the artist in residence " and makes sculptures, benches, tables, carvings from them.

3 Likes