Request: tutorial for custom settings

I corrected that almost immediately. Are you still seeing the unedited version?

I am still seeing what I quoted from you.

@discourse - why is my edit being seen by me, but not, at the very least, @palmercr?

Once you have been quoted the quote becomes static. Only the original gets edited.

1 Like

True but the original still matches my quote of it.

i wonder if you accidentally saved an original version someplace? because i see that you edited it, but it still says the incorrect info.

1 Like

I see the completely edited version, not what palmercr quoted. WYSIWYG is overrated anyway.

1 Like

same here, I see that it’s been edited but the original text is still there… fun with discourse.

Are you able to get more detail with a slower speed? When would you do multiple passes at something? I noticed different Eva foam colors needed different settings, like black was getting too hot and warping fine line with the same print/settings as white was (which was printing perfectly)

You can get more horizontal detail with slower engraves because the tube has a finite rate at which it can modulate power.

You do multiple passes when doing a single pass at a low enough speed to cut through cause too much heat damage to the surrounding area. Doing multiple passes at higher speed reduces how much it can spread sideways.

The contentious line is:

This would be true for anything but Glowforge’s alternative definition of speed. Perhaps this isn’t what @caribis2 edited.

I was looking at the other edit. I missed that sentence. Changed now. Oops.

1 Like

All set, no issues, user blindness.

3 Likes