Requisite Catan Board

I’m just not sure if im not doing something right or what but when I upload the file in another program like silhouette or inkscape( I downloaded it) it doesn’t show the cut boarder. Am I doing something wrong or is that normal?

It may just not have a stroke width applied to those lines. Have you tried loading it into the Glowforge app? It doesn’t care about stroke widths.

Have you contacted the seller?

Nobody here can know for sure if we don’t have the file. If there is a path, it can be cut.

Beautiful!!!

1 Like

I have it, somewhere…I’m trying to find it on my HDD, but I’ve gotta get ready for work, so I’m going to have to pause and resume later tonight.

Ahhh, spoke too soon, there it is. :slight_smile:

Yep, the cut lines just don’t have a stroke width applied to them.
Here’s how it looks when you load the file:

And here’s how it looks if you select the “cut” layer and add a border width to it:

If you load it straight into the GF app, it will see the cut lines without a problem. :slight_smile:

1 Like

im sorry this is all SO new to me. Did you have to create those cut lines or do they just appear when you give then a stroke width? im just not sure how to do that. thank you for all your help. ive uploaded the file on inkscape

@evansd2 can you help? I’ve gotta go to treatment team meeting. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Select the path you want to change the stroke on, and then you can either click the colors on the bottom of your screen to do fill and stroke or go into the full and stroke dialogue.

There’s gotta be a tutorial for this, let’s see.

Yeah here we go:

https://inkscape.org/doc/tutorials/basic/tutorial-basic.html

This entire thing will be useful but there’s a section specifically about fill and stroke. Should get you where you need to be.

2 Likes

ahhh thank you! One last question i promise… the boarder…did you have to scale it to size to fit the GF tiles? i cut one out and its so small compared to the tiles. How to i size it so they fit perfectly?

My brain is mush right now so I can’t swear to this, but I’m pretty sure I scaled them. I used the straight pieces on mine, not the puzzle-piece ones. I would have done it by bringing them and the tiles into the same workspace in my design software and sizing them to fit. :slight_smile:

thank you so much… you really helped out a ton. I appreciate it

1 Like