Requisite Catan Board

I think the Catan posts are plentiful enough to merit their own category at this point…nevertheless, here is one more.

The desert, numbers, and edge pieces are PG basswood; the rest were cut from colored birch from The Wood Gallery. The “robber” is PG walnut sandwiched in PG basswood.

I did some fiddling with the files, so most of the pieces aren’t engraved/etched exactly as laid out in the original Glowforge version.

The towns, settlements, and roads are cut from PG acrylic. Towns and settlements are 3 layers welded together, and the roads have black acrylic paint rubbed into the scorelines.

The design for the edge pieces was purchased from EttuArtem on Etsy. I painted them using acrylic paints.

I’m looking forward to trying it out once the 60th anniversary festivities are over with. :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: Here’s the post containing the files for the parts I designed: Catan Parts

61 Likes

I will attest that it’s a thing of beauty… The color details on the edges are exquisite!

6 Likes

Also, I’m happy to post the files for the numbers, towns, settlements, roads, robber, and VP tokens if anyone wants them. I’d do it now, but my laptop is ‘way over there next to my suitcase and I haven’t finished my coffee yet!

7 Likes

Very cool. Love the colors.

3 Likes

Oh wow! One of the top boards I’ve seen (of course, considering the source). Really like that aquatic design.

4 Likes

Very nice! Colors are great :sunglasses: I agree, the detail in the water is wonderful!
Enjoy the occasion!

4 Likes

Awesome! I’m going to use your picture as a starting point for painting the set I did!

I’d love the files for the other pieces, I’ve been working on creating my own but I like your’s better :star_struck:

Martha

3 Likes

this looks great. you’re really encouraging me to spend some money at wood gallery…

3 Likes

:heart_eyes: you did an amazing job on this!!! I love the texture of it and the settlements are adorable…lol

3 Likes

Beautiful! Love the water! This is on my “to-do” list, although, I’ve never played. All the woods are so enticing!

3 Likes

I will confess to having learned to play primarily to have an excuse to build this. But my granddaughter (who learned it with me) LOVES the game, so it will get lots of use. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Life is all about the grandchildren! That’s great!

I confess I bought many different woods to make this prior to receiving the glowforge … Just life and other projects get in the way.

1 Like

A thing of beauty!

2 Likes

Is the file for the settlements, roads and cities somewhere? All I could see is the file for the tokens.

They’re all in this post. You can right click on the SVG images and choose “save as,” but I just went back and updated it with links, in case your browser isn’t being cooperative. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

thank you! I thought the house pieces were in the zip file and I was missing something. Thanks again!

1 Like

the boarder file from etsy … what program did you use to pull up those files? im having a heck of a time and when i download the files it doesn’t give me a cut boarder.

I love Catan. Unfortunately I’m the only one in my family so I never get to play it. :frowning:

1 Like

I’ve opened it in both Inkscape and Affinity Designer. What are you using?

im using a program called silhouette and everything else ive ever designed using that program has been fine but not for this file.