Resin filled engraving with the help of Snapmarks

The bad part is they are linked to your machine and not the user so if you ever have to replace your machine like i had to then you loss access to it.

While the precision placement toolbox is great and super useful it is in no way a replacement for Snapmarks IMO. Being able to perfectly align the design to my object was fantastic. I have to use jig and a bunch of testing to make sure that everything it aligned correctly now. It was way easier with Snapmarks.

1 Like

yeah, the bigger benefit to snapmarks is rotation. thatā€™s significantly harder to eyeball (and to accomplish with the rotation tool in the GFUI, which is awkward to be precise with) than left to right alignment.

1 Like

I donā€™t disagree that they were useful in some circumstances.

GF never said they would be permanent or fully supported. I was just pointing out they are still available to some, despite lack of official support.

This is so very cool! I have so much to learn, starting with looking up ā€˜snapmarksā€™. I just got my Glowforge and I would love to do something like this for my daughter and her two rats! Thank you for sharing your work!