Retirement Decision Dice

I’d picked up some 2" wooden blocks to make a gift for one of my grandsons and ended up with a few extras… Now when I have free time, I can easily decide what I want to to:

(Yes, “take a nap” is on there twice…)

64 Likes

Fantastic! Makes retirement even easier!

3 Likes

Great idea!

3 Likes

With so many choices in retirement I would need at least a 12 sided die, but this is a great start.

4 Likes

Nice practical cut for use multiple times a day.

2 Likes

Love this!

2 Likes

hilarious!

1 Like

Hope it’s a gag gift.

I’d hate to have all that time on my hands and nothing better to do than take a nap.

1 Like

Taking a nap with my cat is a necessary daily activity. Preps my brain for the rest of the day’s activities.

I’m going to make some dice that include, “spin”, “weave”, “drink coffee”. Thanks for the wonderful idea, @linefeed.

5 Likes

There is something better to do than take a nap :thinking:

Even my Aussie likes his naps.

2 Likes

I think naps are great. Cool ideas.

4 Likes

Love it! I might put “Take a nap” on every side when the time comes…

5 Likes

Naps are the best. Best part of doing nothing!

3 Likes

I love naps :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Nice thing about retirement is if you want to take a nap at 3 PM, you just do.
If you want to make something on the glowforge at 3 AM, you just do.

When every day is Saturday, whims rule.

7 Likes

Great idea using light text with a dark background. The added contrast is really nice.

1 Like

Harder to align, though… Out of 18 faces, I got maybe 4 right.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. Hope to see some of. your work soon. This place is a goldmine of creativity.

@linefeed, I found that even with a jig, there was just enough variation in the faces they tend to be off in some way. Good thing is, just like making a matched set of earrings that wind up not perfectly matched, no one sees both earrings at the same time. They both look fine whey you…um, I, am wearing them.

For my second-generation dice, I went the other way - easier to align and faster to print. And they still help decide what the afternoon holds.

10 Likes

You’ve inspired me, thanks. Need to take a nap for some reason…

3 Likes