Reubens Fleece Jacket

It was not long after moving to Colorado that we had a snow storm. I noticed Reuben was a little cold and so I went to TJmax and got him 2 fleece Tommy Bahama jackets. Now that my GFs are up and running, I decided I wanted to personalize Reubens new jackets. I started with the pink one and decided to use a paw print to test out different settings. Below is the map of settings I used for each paw pad. The format for settings are:
Speed
Power
LPI

Passes was 1 unless otherwise stated.

And here is how each pad turned out based on the settings:

This gave me a good range of options for settings. All of the settings I used had fine results but I decided to go with 1000 speed, 7 power, 340 LPI for the second vest because it resulted in a print that would not take too long and still has good results.

Reuben approves and is now warm and fashionable for his vet appointment today. Fingers crossed it will be a good appointment! (the vet thinks he needs his remaining eye removed if we cant get down the pressure) Regardless of how many eyes he has, he will always look dapper in his vest :slight_smile:

Some fleeces you can get online that should have the same settings are:
https://www.amazon.com/cyeollo-Reversible-Thickened-Clothes-Weather/dp/B09XBB74JG/ref=sr_1_15?crid=2FKZD8B6SQ4RE&keywords=dog%2Bfleece%2Bjacket&qid=1678371867&sprefix=dog%2Bfleece%2B%2Caps%2C160&sr=8-15&th=1

https://www.amazon.com/Sweater-Pullover-Weather-Clothes-Costumes/dp/B09DCQGLP9/ref=sr_1_10?crid=2FKZD8B6SQ4RE&keywords=dog+fleece+jacket&qid=1678371867&sprefix=dog+fleece+%2Caps%2C160&sr=8-10

47 Likes

He certainly does rock that vest look. Hope his vet visit goes well.

13 Likes

Poor little buddy, I hope things go well. The jacket is wonderful, and has the added advantage of being an unforgettable name tag in a busy vets office.

10 Likes

Great work. I’m inspired.

Hope all goes well.

8 Likes

Great idea on the jacket - they both turned out so well! And best of luck at the vet appt!!

5 Likes

Poor guy. I also hope the vet visit goes well. Those puppy coats turned out adorable!

8 Likes

Excellent testing, and I’m sure he’s feeling cozy in his new jacket!

6 Likes

Reuben is better dressed than I am!

6 Likes

These turned out fantastic! Thanks for sharing the settings!

5 Likes

Well, his eye pressure still went up even with the meds. Going to try all options we can first and so we have a consultation next week to see if a surgery can be done that does not remove it. Surely there has to be an option.

8 Likes

Hoping for the best after this bit of bad news.

5 Likes

Thank you! I will certainly update :blush:

1 Like

He is absolutely so precious!!!

2 Likes

I’m sorry to hear that. Is it glaucoma? Do dogs get glaucoma?

3 Likes

Yes, its glaucoma :frowning: He lost his other eye due to it as well.

2 Likes

These turned out so well! I love them.

2 Likes

I love what you did on the fleece. Did you mask the materials before you put them in the glowforge? Is there something specific you look for when you work with material?

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

I am not the OP, but I will say I have used her methods and settings on similar fabric. There is no need to mask.

2 Likes

I do not mask polyester fabric. When working with fabric I stick with polyester based fabric :blush:

5 Likes

So I am looking at your other projects. They are amazing. The onesie you created out of faux suede was polyester? What settings did you use for it? Like I asked before, I don’t have to worry about pre-treated chemicals that the fabric may come with?

I am really looking forward to learning a lot from you, [I hope you don’t mind]!

Thanks!

2 Likes